34. Tears of love

Start from the beginning

Wait mom, I'm coming!

She went round and round until she gradually found the correct number.

Minosha pushed open the door to the ward without making a sound. Her heart had already started beating swiftly like a drum. She was nervous. The last time she visited her mother, she seemed to be alright. But she had no idea about her current situation.

When she stepped towards her mother's bed, apart from her mother, there were two more people standing next to the bed. One was wearing a white coat, probably a doctor. The other one was the handsome guy she met not long ago.

She was stunned to see him. Was he one of her rich cousins?

Maybe they finally got a little conscience to help us.. Knowing that I've died, they might have thought of taking care of mom...

She felt relieved in her heart. Initially, they never seemed to care about the mother daughter pair. None of their cousins visited them when they heard her mother's sickness. It seemed like they were cut off from their family.

No wonder... No wonder why they did that... It was all because of Minosha's grandpa!

He had said whoever tried to support them, also have to leave the family. Thus, till now, no one cared for them.

But perhaps the old man's heart melted after many years...

He might have thought of forgiving them.

Minosha sighed deeply. She didn't want to think about the past anymore. What mattered the most right now was her mother.

Nothing else was important...

Her affectionate gaze fell on the middle aged woman lying on the hospital bed. Her eyes closed as she slept without a sound.

Her face looked pale as if lacking blood, her body looked so thin. Her whole persona looked suffering. It may due to her illness or because of the poverty.

She was once a rich young woman but now, she was so poor to the point of not having her own home or money to pay for the hospital bills. She was fortunately in a government hospital so she didn't need to worry about not paying for healthcare. However, for her kidney problem, the government hospital didn't have a proper solution apart from a kidney transplant.

They couldn't find a suitable kidney. Even if they managed to, they wouldn't be able to afford it. As for charity, there were many people waiting for it. So their chance was slim.

To Minosha's dismay, her mother didn't have much time left.

With a trembling hand, she took her mother's thin hand and squeezed it gently. A tear escaped from her eyes. Again, another one. One by one, her tears flowed to her cheeks before dropping on her elbow.

Mom, you are the best mother in the world. When there was no one in this world to support you, you still managed to raise me well. When you were pregnant with the cheater's baby who left you for another rich woman, you still thought of keeping the baby who's me. Why didn't you abort me? Do you love me that much?

Mom, when you are like that, how can I bear it?

You should have aborted me and gone for studies abroad. Or else, you wouldn't be this miserable. Grandpa might have forgiven you as well... You should have lived like a rich young lady for the rest of your life as you deserve...

You sacrificed everything just for an unborn child...

Mom, is there anyone else as good as you?

Mom, please open your eyes. I want to see them. Your eyes are the most beautiful. I'm lucky I have the same purple-blue eyes as you.

I'm lucky to be your child, mom.

I'm the luckiest person in the world to have a mother like you...

I... I just can't understand why the fate could be this cruel to a good person like you...

I wish I could give you my kidney... I can even sacrifice my life for you, mom.

Mom...

"She only has a week left. After a week, she might die soon." The doctor spoke this time, starting her.

Minosha felt like she got electrified. Her whole body froze as goosebumps spread all over. Her eyes widened in shock. Something like an alarm sound rang in her mind. She felt like fainting but thinking of her mother, she tried her best to calm down.

No, no. I can't faint right now. Mother needs me...

After pulling herself together, she managed to approach the doctor.

"Doctor, what can I do to save her?" She heard the young man beside her ask, before she managed to speak.

She also looked at the doctor, anticipation written all over her face although deep down in her heart, she knew she could do nothing.

I'm useless...

"She needs a kidney, ASAP." The doctor said with a sigh. "There's no other way."

Minosha fell on her knees. She helplessly looked at the doctor leaving the ward. She never felt this miserable ever before.

She looked up at the young man before holding his leg, still kneeling.

"Cousin brother, please, please help us!"

"I beg you..."

Her hands were icy cold totally opposite of the guy's leg which was filled with warmth.

Despite her plea and pathetic state, the young dude didn't seem to care. He shook her hand from his ankle and left the ward as well.

Minosha pulled her hair with too much strength that lots of hair came out. But she didn't feel any pain, her scalp was numb.

What should I do? What the hell should I do now, mom!???

She hugged her mother's thin body and cried her lungs out.

Should I kill someone and give his kidney to you?

I can't lose you, mom...

Even if I have to go to jail for the rest of my life, I still want you to live well...

I love you, mom. Don't leave me please.

Aaaah, I can't do anything because I'm trapped in a stupid novel!!!!

What should I do?

Aaaah, I want to kill Heidith! I want to kill him and his lover!!!! So that I can return to you soon and think of a way to save you!!!!

Lemme kill these bastards!!!

Her eyes glistened in hatred as she cursed the protagonists over again and again.

"Sorry, Zadhie, time's up." She faintly heard Dewinn's voice and the next second, everything went blurry and soon, she found herself in a forest.

"It seems like you need to be alone. I'll leave you here for the time being. Take care, Zadhie." She heard Dewinn softly whisper in her ear. She opened her mouth to speak but no words came out. Only a sob escaped her lips.

She covered her face in her hands and cried as her body trembled.