Chapter 31: Zhao Hong

Jiang Mo came back from walking around and gathered the palace people together.

According to your arrangement, there are four eunuchs serving closely in his courtyard, as well as four maids responsible for doing rough work and cleaning, for a total of eight people.

"Each of you, please introduce your name, age, how long you have been in the palace, and the skills you are good at." Jiang Mo said slowly.

Several people agreed and answered in turn. Jiang Mo listened and silently calculated their abilities and uses in his heart.

These eunuchs were all recruited from various parts of the palace. They had served in different places before. They were between seventeen and twenty years old. After all, they had to serve the noble lord closely, so they were all literate and able to handle affairs. neat. The age of the palace maids is basically between thirteen and fifteen. Although they look relatively young, people in ancient times were sensible early and had a good life in the Ministry of Internal Affairs. They seem to know the rules and usually do some needlework. There is more than enough work to do in house and yard.

Jiang Mo's luggage that he had left at Chuxiu Palace had been delivered to the palace, so he ordered the palace people to pack the things and register them. In addition to luggage, there are also many items given by the palace, which must be registered and carefully put away. Otherwise, if they are lost or broken, you will be punished.

While they were packing up, he sat on the sofa nearby and watched, observing their actions. By the time they finished packing, Jiang Mo had almost figured it out.

He appointed Zuo Dong, the oldest and most prudent person here, as the eunuch in charge, responsible for overseeing all affairs in his palace. Among the eunuchs, there is a young eunuch named Meng Jiao. Although he is the youngest, he has been in the palace the longest among all the people. He is smart and knows many people. Jiang Mo knows a lot about the palace from him. If the situation there is different, ask him to always be by your side.

In the evening, the palace people went to the imperial kitchen to deliver the meals. The palace was very large, and the meals were already cold when they were delivered, so the kitchen in the palace came in handy. The meals were placed on the pot and heated up before eating. , does not affect the taste and appearance.

The rules in the palace are strict, and meals are distributed according to status. Jiang Mo's meal is much better than when he was in Chuxiu Palace. It has changed from three dishes and one soup to six dishes and one soup, and there is also a dessert after the meal. The food in this palace is too delicate and the portions are small. I always feel that it is quite boring to eat. It is not as enjoyable as eating the big fish and meat outside.

After eating and drinking, Jiang Mo wanted to go straight to bed, but Zuo Dong reminded him not to go to bed too early. Tonight was the first night for the concubines to enter the palace. Logically speaking, the emperor would definitely recruit a concubine. , if he is summoned, but he has already fallen asleep, it would be outrageous to get up from the bed in a hurry.

Jiang Mo curled his lips secretly in his mind. He knew very well the plot line and knew that the emperor would not be lucky to anyone tonight, and he did not want to sleep with him at all, otherwise he would have to consume the dream-building incense he had exchanged for his points. But the rules were the rules. No matter what he thought in his heart, he had to do enough on the surface, so he had to wait patiently.

Until Haishi, no one came to summon him, so Zuo Dong waited on Jiang Mo and fell asleep.

The next day, the concubines got up early and went to Cining Palace to pay their respects to the Queen Mother. Originally, he was supposed to pay his respects to the queen first, but the emperor has not yet established a queen, so he can only go to see the queen mother.

As soon as Jiang Mo took Zuo Dong and Meng Jiao out of the palace, they met Liang Yi and Mr. Li, and the three of them headed towards Cining Palace together.

"Have you heard? The emperor did not recruit any concubines last night." Liang Yi lowered his voice and said to Jiang Mo.

"Really?" A look of surprise appeared on Jiang Mo's face at the right time, and then he said, "Maybe there is something important and I can't spare the time."

"That's right." Both of them were measured. people, this topic ends here.

When they arrived at Cining Palace, many people had already arrived. They were all dressed up and had eyebrows and hair on their temples. But if you look carefully, you can see that many people have a bit of blue under their eyes, even though they use makeup. It was covered up, but he still showed some fatigue. I guess it was because he waited all night last night.

Especially those with higher status, he saw that Shi Jieyu was covering her mouth with a handkerchief, and she had quietly yawned two or three times. Zhang Qian still followed Shi Jieyu closely, saying flattering words from time to time, but her eyes were also a little blue.

Jiang Mo couldn't help but feel funny in his heart. Even if the emperor really wanted to recruit concubines, he would definitely start with beauties with high status or outstanding looks. There was no way he would favor an unspectacular seventh-grade concubine on the first night. I don't know what the point of her staying up all night was.

In fact, Jiang Mo really wrongly blamed Zhang Qian. Even if Zhang Qian is full of ambitions, she still has the most basic self-awareness. She stayed up all night not because she was waiting for the emperor's favor, but because she felt very uncomfortable.

Miss Shi Wu, as a third-rank imperial concubine, was able to live in the main hall of Yonghe Palace. Zhang Qian took advantage of her and also moved into Yonghe Palace. However, as a seventh-rank imperial concubine, Zhang Qian's status was very low, let alone In the side hall and the side hall, she was not even qualified to live in a room alone. She lived in a crowded room with two other royal ladies. Not only the house must be shared, the cabinets must be shared, but even the clean room must be shared.

Zhang Qian originally thought that she was on good terms with Shi Jieyu, and the two people in the same room should give her some respect, so her attitude was a bit arrogant. However, the two imperial ladies were not easy to get along with, and they couldn't stand her superiority. Attitude, obviously the three of them have the same status, but they are not willing to tolerate her bad habits. The three of them couldn't tell each other, and they spent the entire night struggling.

However, Zhang Qian's dress today was also very deliberate. Shi Jieyu was wearing a purple-red jacquard brocade dress today, with her hair covered with pearls, and she looked extremely beautiful. However, Zhang Qian was dressed very plainly, wearing a light green ruffled skirt and only two white jade hairpin rings on her head. Standing next to Shi Jieyu, she gave people a feeling of freshness and elegance.

When everyone was almost there, the maid next to the Queen Mother came to let them in.

The Queen Mother was a kind person. After they bowed, she gave them seats. However, there were dozens of them and there were not that many chairs. Therefore, only the concubines of the fifth rank and above were qualified to sit down, and the remaining concubines with lower rankings could sit down. I can only stand.

Then the Queen Mother chatted with them for a few words, and while she was talking,