Chapter 30: Mian Sheng

Because of such an accident, the rare free time was canceled. Li Jin told them that there were no plans for the next step. They just needed to have a good rest and prepare for the interview the day after tomorrow. But just staying in the room like this was really boring. In ancient times, there were no mobile phones to kill time. Wang Tao was practicing boxing, Liang Yi was practicing calligraphy, and Jiang Mo was the only one doing nothing, so he simply got up and went out for a walk. .

Although it is said that you are not allowed to leave Chuxiu Palace, you can still walk around in Chuxiu Palace. After all, it is a huge palace with rockeries, rocks and various beautiful flowers inside, which is very pleasing to the eye.

Apparently there were many people who had similar ideas to Jiang Mo. When he came out of his yard, he met many beautiful girls along the way, including Zhang Qian and Miss Shi Wu. Others may not feel anything, but Jiang Mo, who is very concerned about Zhang Qian's mission target, noticed at a glance that she was different from yesterday. Her skin was a little whiter, and her overall temperament was also a little more indescribable. The unknown taste is like a bowl of plain water evolving into a low-concentration alcoholic beverage overnight.

It seems that the incident of Miss Xu falling into the water yesterday was really her handiwork. Maybe she completed the first task of her palace fighting system, thus benefited from it and changed her.

This woman was really bold and sinister, and she did not hesitate when it was time to take action. No one could have imagined that this seemingly accidental fall into the water was actually the work of a little showgirl with an unspectacular appearance and an unknown background.

In the original plot, it was probably because of her success again and again that she tasted the sweetness, which magnified her ambitions infinitely. Regardless of whether she had the ability to govern the country, she dared to poison the emperor and take the throne herself. It can only be said that a vicious and stupid person is sometimes thousands of times more terrifying than a simple vicious person.

The day of the face-to-face ceremony soon came, and everyone got up early in the morning to dress up. Mr. Zhou in the courtyard even applied makeup and powder like a woman, making the courtyard full of intoxicating aroma.

Jiang Mo and the others in the main room didn't get up until three o'clock in the morning.

Jiang Mo has the blessing of the Beauty Pill, which means he doesn't need to spend time dressing up at all. It comes with a level 10 beautification effect, making his already exquisite and beautiful appearance even more aggressive.

But Wang Tao and Liang Yi really didn't care much about the results of this selection. After washing, they picked a piece of clothing at random, put it on and went out directly. After getting along with each other for the past few days, Jiang Mo also understood their thoughts. Wang Tao aspired to the frontier and did not want to enter the palace at all, but Liang Yi was a sharp-minded person and did not want to stay in the emperor's harem and fight all day long. However, Jiang Mo was the only one who really wanted to enter the palace.

When the time was almost up, the nuns came over to take them to Tiyuan Hall.

The Tiyuan Hall is a hard mountaintop paved with golden glazed tiles. Under the sunlight, it becomes more and more dazzling. It gives people a sense of grandeur. Obviously, this is the place where the emperor and the empress review the draft girls. There were a large number of guards lined up on both sides outside the Tiyuan Hall, making people afraid to make mistakes easily.

The nuns had already warned everyone. At this time, everyone was watching their noses and hearts, standing quietly, not even daring to make a sound.

Not long after, a great eunuch came out with several palace maids. He held a roster in his hand and called the names on the roster. Anyone whose name was called, Xiu Nu or Shuang'er, would follow him. The maid next to me entered the palace. Each batch of six people only went in and came out within seven or eight minutes. The speed was quite fast, but there were so many of them that they couldn't bear it. It was quite time-consuming to wait, and it was really uncomfortable to stand motionless.

Wang Tao was the first to go in. When he came out, he couldn't hide the smile on his face. Others thought he had been selected and was given a high position, and they all showed envy or jealousy, but only Jiang Mo and Liang Yi knew. He should have lost the election.

Liang Yi went in first before Jiang Mo. When he came out, there was no smile on his face. It was obvious that he was not as lucky as Wang Tao. But considering his appearance and background, it is indeed difficult to lose.

When Jiang Mo felt that his legs were going numb, it was finally his turn.

Jiang Mo and several beautiful ladies entered the palace under the guidance of the palace maid. There were only two people sitting in the palace, a man and a woman. The woman was wearing gorgeous clothes, but her voice was a bit old. She was obviously the current Queen Mother, and the man was wearing The dragon robe must be the emperor's. The late emperor passed away suddenly, less than half a year after the emperor ascended the throne in a hurry, and the harem was empty, not even a queen. Therefore, the draft could only be done by the queen mother and the emperor in person.

Everyone just stood at the door, waiting for those whose names were called in the hall to enter. Basically, you just look at your appearance, ask a few questions, and check your conversation style to decide whether you want to leave a sign.

The main person asking questions was the Queen Mother, and the Emperor didn't know what was going on. He was as quiet as a chicken from beginning to end.

The chance of being selected is not high. Basically, the appearance and family status must not be bad. The Queen Mother does not like those who are too beautiful. Those showgirls who wear heavy makeup or are too flamboyant and domineering are all rejected without exception.

"Du Yunyi, son of Prime Minister Du Qianyang, is sixteen years old."

When his name was called, Jiang Mo walked in and knelt down to the two of them.

"Du Qianyang's son? Raise your head and show it to the Ai family."

Jiang Mo raised his head obediently. When the Queen Mother and the Emperor looked at his appearance, he also secretly looked at them. Then when he saw the emperor's appearance clearly, his eyes widened in shock. He actually looked exactly like Mo Hong, the son of luck in the previous world. Although his hair style and clothes had been changed, and he was a few years younger, but that The absolutely strong aura is exactly the same.

"Emperor, this was your companion reading when you were a child. Do you still remember it?"

The emperor leaned on his seat slantingly, looking uninterested. After hearing this, he reluctantly raised his eyes and looked in the direction of Jiang Mo, but When he met Jiang Mo's dark eyes, a trace of interest flashed in his eyes.

Jiang Mo quickly looked away and lowered his head again. His mind was in a mess and he couldn't remember what the Queen Mother asked or what he answered. In short, his sign was left behind and he was appointed by the emperor. For your sake.

Your Majesty is equivalent to a fourth-grade beauty, and her status is second only to Jieyu, but for someone who has just entered the palace, she is already quite good, especially this is a position bestowed by the emperor himself. When he came out, the palace maids who had just shown him the way with a paralyzed face smiled at him. When they led him out, they were also polite. Apparently they found out that the emperor treated him differently and wanted to give him a favor.

[Jiang Mo: 008, what's going on? Are these children of luck in the small world still mass-produced? Why do they all look exactly the same? ]

[System: It must be just a coincidence, I don't know...]

Jiang Mo knew that this guy couldn't be counted on, but he thought it wasn't that coincidental...?

Let's take one step at a time...

The queen mother raised her eyebrows slightly and looked at the emperor, "I didn't expect that the emperor is still a nostalgic person." "

I'm a little tired. I'll leave it to the queen mother to make the decision." The emperor, who was impatient with the lengthy selection process, stood up and walked straight out of the Tiyuan Hall.

The Queen Mother helplessly shook her head, and then towards the confidant beside her, she shook her head and said, "You still have the same bad temper." There were still

more than half of the beautiful ladies waiting outside. When she saw someone wearing a bright yellow dragon robe coming out, all of them were immediately frightened. They all knelt down. The emperor didn't even look at these warblers and left.

Although the emperor is gone, the queen mother is still there, and the draft is still going on. It's just that the show girls were a little disappointed, and Zhang Qian was biting her lip and annoyed. Fortunately, she specially used the mission rewards to enhance her charm, and practiced her smile and the angle of her head in front of the mirror for a long time, but now she only has winking eyes. Throwing it to the blind man, she made all the preparations, but in the end only an old woman appreciated it.

Although I feel unhappy, being able to stay is the most important thing. She could only suppress her dissatisfaction and continue to wait resignedly.

Those who left the signs were gathered in the side hall at the back. Later, someone would take them to their assigned residences based on their respective positions, and the canonization edicts would also be sent to their respective homes as soon as possible.

Zhang Qian and Miss Shi Wu came in together. Jiang Mo knew that they would be selected, so he was not surprised.

It's just that when Zhang Qian came in, she didn't have much joy on her face. She only got the status of a seventh-grade royal girl, but with her background and ordinary appearance, it was already pretty good to be retained. However, Miss Shi Wu got the rank of Jieyu, the third rank, and she should have the highest rank among the people participating in the draft this time. At this time, many beautiful ladies were gathering around her to congratulate and please her, which made Zhang Qian feel ashamed. Resentment and hatred flashed in her eyes, but she quickly straightened her expression and joined the flattering team. .

Grandma came in and congratulated them, and then she was led to their respective residences.

There were not many Shuang'er left, only three of them in total, so they were divided into Changle Palace together. In addition to Jiang Mo and Liang Yi, there is also Mr. Li, who was the one who called Mr. Zhou a fool before. Jiang Mo and Liang Yi are both noble men. Mr. Li's status is slightly lower, and he is only a talented man of the fifth rank.

Neither Jiang Mo nor Liang Yi are suitable to live in the main hall, so they are temporarily vacant. Jiang Mo lives in the east side hall, Liang Yi lives in the west side hall, and Mr. Li lives in the east side hall.

As soon as Jiang Mo entered the east side hall, he saw a group of eunuchs and maids waiting inside. The eunuchs seemed to be in their prime, while the maids looked relatively young. Because Shuang'er's situation was special, it was not suitable for the maids to leave. They serve closely, so the maids are only responsible for menial tasks such as cleaning outside, while the eunuchs serve closely, so it doesn't matter if the maids are younger. The eunuchs served by these eunuchs seem to be very smart people, and they should be specially selected.

Jiang Mo walked around the palace for a while. There were mountains and waters in the courtyard, and the plants were also very rich. The ear rooms, kitchen rooms, and side rooms were all available. He was very satisfied.