Chapter 13: Bait

Author: [ Collect this chapter ] [Complain]Apocalyptic Survival Guide (13)
  The feeling of being deceived by vision was really uncomfortable. What he saw in front of him was clearly a smooth road, but his sense of smell and touch constantly reminded him of the dangers ahead. The different perceptions almost made him feel like he was torn apart.

  Jiang Mo felt like he was blind. Although he could see the red dot representing Mo Hong through the system, he could not move forward. He didn't even know if there were zombies around him. He would bump into something if he took a few steps. He must find a way to get rid of this feeling of being controlled by others as soon as possible.

  [Jiang Mo: 008, is there any way to break the illusion created by the psychedelic sage? ]

  [System: Yes, the system can turn on the infrared scanning mode for you, but it will cost twenty points. ]

  Points again...

  [Jiang Mo pressed his forehead: OK, let's deduct it. ]

  [System: Deduct 20 points and turn on infrared scanning mode. 】

  Soon, the picture in front of him completely changed, as if he was wearing a pair of infrared imaging glasses, allowing him to clearly see the surrounding situation.

  All the obstacles were removed, and the true scene of this area was finally presented to him without any concealment.

  He found that he seemed to be in a farm, with many vehicles rolling over on the grass. They must have collided after being controlled by hallucinations. There are many red humanoid images in a barn-like place not far away, but these people seem to be divided into two groups. One group is holding weapons and is entrenched in the center of the barn, while the other group is crowded near the barn. In the corner of the door, there is a person lying motionless on the ground. The color of this person is very dark, almost close to bright red. It can be judged that his body temperature is very high, and he should be suffering from a fever. The cursor representing Mo Hong stayed on top of that person's head.

  Mo Hong awakened the two most powerful abilities of the metal and thunder systems, so it took longer than ordinary people. Although several days had passed, he was still in a coma.

  And the psychedelic sage that creates large-scale hallucinations is hidden under the barn. It may have deliberately trapped these people here as its food reserve.

  Jiang Mo relied on the cheating device of the infrared scanning mode to successfully approach the barn. The door of the barn was completely damaged, so Jiang Mo walked in easily.

  Once he entered the barn, the illusion created by the sage disappeared, allowing him to see clearly inside the barn. His guess was indeed correct. The sage deliberately trapped them here as a food reserve. It was easy to get into the barn, but it was difficult to get out.

  The situation inside the barn was similar to what he expected. Crowded in the corner by the door were soldiers in military uniforms. Although they also had guns in their hands, their numbers were not as large as those ordinary people who also held guns and occupied the middle position. .

  Jiang Mo's appearance quickly attracted the attention of everyone in the barn. The bald man leading the ordinary people side immediately raised his gun and looked at Jiang Mo warily, "Who are you?!"

  Jiang Mo quickly raised his hands. Get up, "I am also a member of the team, but I passed out after the crash. I just woke up now. What happened?"

  "Do you have anything to eat?" the bald man asked with a frown.