chapter 495

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Elsa looked at those boats with her heart beating fast. She was shaking in her boots.

She then turned to Victoria, shaking her head in disbelief. "You're bluffing! Jeremy and Braden are not in those boats!"

Victoria smirked secretly before saying, "I could be... I could not be... But what if I am, and you don't believe me? Are you willing to take that risk? Are you ready for the consequences?"

Elsa felt a cold sweat gather on her forehead. Could Braden and Jeremy's lives be in danger? Did she really have to choose who would live and die between the two of them?

"Tick... Tock... Tick. Tock. Hurry up, Elsa, before you lose both of them," Victoria taunted before laughing hysterically.

Thinking about something, Elsa turned to Victoria suddenly with a suspicious look on her face. "You wouldn't put Jeremy in the boat to die. You love him. You wouldn't hurt him."

Hearing that, Victoria scoffed. "I wouldn't have until he rejected me again last night! I gave him another chance to be with me, but he rejected me because of his love for you. So now he will pay for it," Victoria said with anger.

Was she serious? Would she actually kill Jeremy because he said no to her?

Elsa turned around again and looked at the sea, her eyes wandering between the two boats. She began to shiver as if she was cold.

Her baby boy could be stuck in that boat and could die in a few seconds.

And Jeremy...

"30 seconds," she said, and Elsa snapped out of her trance before she could finish her thoughts.

Did Victoria truly mean two minutes?

Elsa turned to see Victoria holding the remote firmly, an evil grin on her face.

"12 seconds." This time, Victoria looked at the timer with amusement, as if picturing what would come after the timer stopped.

Elsa's heart was beating fast as she grew cold, and sweat formed on her forehead. She felt like she was in such a difficult place at that moment, which made her almost lose her mind. Even her head started to ache.

"3 seconds," Victoria suddenly announced, making Elsa jump in fright.

Hearing that, Elsa found herself screaming in panic. "Braden!"

And the moment she did, Victoria pressed one of the blue buttons. The boat that Jeremy was in exploded with a loud sound.

Parts of the boat flew in the air as it blew to pieces.

Elsa felt her stomach turn painfully as her entire body turned as white as snow.

Victoria was not joking; the boats truly had bombs placed in them. Elsa's knees felt so weak that she almost fell to the ground. Was Jeremy now dead?

Would she blame herself for not choosing him and saving him when she had the chance?

And what about Braden? Was he okay in there?

With that thought, Elsa ran into the sea and jumped into the water, swimming towards Braden's boat.

After a struggle, she climbed onto the speed boat and stood on the deck. Looking through the window, Elsa saw her child inside. He was seated on a chair, tied up, duck taped on the mouth to keep him quiet, and blindfolded.

Elsa's heart clenched painfully, and she quickly opened the door and got inside. Rushing to Braden, she untied him and removed his blindfold and the duck tape covering his mouth.

When Braden opened his eyes and saw his mother, he jumped into her arms, knowing he was safe now. "Mommy!" he called out in a shaky voice.

While holding the child, Elsa reassured him, saying, "It's okay, baby. It's okay. You're safe now."

But just then, she heard a whistling sound. This made her look around the boat suspiciously, only to see a bomb on the wall being activated again.

Elsa turned pale, knowing she had seconds before it exploded.

She held her child tightly as she rushed out of the boat and jumped into the water.

The moment she got into the water with Braden, the boat exploded above them. If she had stayed there even a second longer, they would have been blown up.

Elsa swam until they were a safe distance away before getting out of the water. She then put Braden on her back and said, "Hold on tight, baby. Let me swim us out of the water."

Listening to his mother, Braden wrapped his arms around her neck tightly. He was still shaken by the sound of the loud explosion and had swallowed some water when Elsa jumped into the sea without warning.

He blinked his little eyes as he looked around, knowing that his mother was here and he was okay now. His mother would always protect him. He knew that and did not worry when she was around. He actually stopped being scared when he saw her in the boat.

After carrying Braden on her back and swimming with him to the beach, Elsa turned him to carry him on her front before turning to look at the boat that had exploded and was now burning.

Without even realizing it, a tear fell down her cheek. 'I'm so sorry I didn't choose you, Jeremy. But I'm sure if you were in my place, you would do the same. There is no one and nothing more important than our son.'

If she too had to choose between Lui and Yuliana, she would have chosen Yuliana.

But would Braden blame her in the future that she let his father die and didn't do anything to save him? She hoped not.

They were both soaked in water, and Braden was shivering a little from how cold the sea water was in the morning.

Seeing that Elsa had survived again, Victoria gritted her teeth and clenched her fists in anger. Not giving Elsa a chance to process her loss, Victoria suddenly pointed a gun at Braden's head, taking Elsa by surprise.

"Walk to the cliff, or I will blow his brains out!" That was Victoria's order.

Elsa's eyes widened as she looked at the gun pressed against the back of her child's head, who was hiding his face in her chest.

It seemed like Victoria was not done with her yet.

"Okay... Okay... I'll go anywhere you want. Just don't point that gun at my son," Elsa said, her core shaking.

Victoria cackled wickedly and said, "The cliff I want you to go to is the one on your left. It's quite a distance away, but it is the one that has what I want."

The cliff she chose was the one that had crocodiles down there. There were crocodiles at the furthest end of April Sea, but they were in the part of the next to the palm tree forest, a place no one really went to. Even fishermen.

If Elsa or Braden fell down the cliff, they would either hit their heads on rocks and die instantly, or if they survived, they would be eaten by the crocodiles. That was why Victoria chose that particular cliff and that particular part of April Sea. She wanted to finish them off once and for all, with no chance of survival.

***
This is the eleventh hour of the book. There are a good number of deaths coming.