chapter 414

Please... Don’t forget to vote & comment.

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

What Lui had told Jeremy had been bothering him the entire time, but he did not bring it up with Elsa.

However, it made him feel very uneasy whenever she left.

So much so that when Elsa left that morning without telling him, he followed her.

His heart was pounding fast as he prayed she wasn’t going to meet with Lui.

To his relief, Elsa was going to Simba Co-operation. The McConnells held a press conference in front of Simba Co-operation, and Elsa wanted to watch.

Since she didn’t want to be noticed, she mingled with the crowd and stood at the end as she quietly observed.

The McConnells did not look very good that morning, especially Rosanna. Their eyes were swollen and puffy, as if they had been crying for a long time, and they looked very tired and sad.

The press conference had a lot of reporters ready to ask questions.

James McConnell told them that Victoria was never their daughter and that she and her true family had lied to the McConnells in order to get money from them and live a good life.

James also confirmed what had been spreading online: that Victoria McConnell had shot Jeremy and was being charged with attempted murder.

James said, “Victoria Rowland was never our daughter. She was never the lion cub. The news you have heard of her shooting Jeremy is just a piece of the pie of the many evils she and her family had done to my biological daughters. And when she is caught by the police, she will face the consequences of her actions and will be punished according to the law. Again, Victoria Rowland was never our daughter. Our daughters are Gwen and Elsa Halverson...”

That was enough for Elsa, and she decided to leave immediately.

The press conference did continue with the McConnells explaining how they were tricked and expressing their apologies towards their two biological daughters.

As she was leaving, she spotted Jeremy standing a distance away from her.

She sighed tiredly. Jeremy was becoming too annoying.

There was no way Jeremy was at Simba Co-operation to attend the press conference. He must have followed Elsa because she left without telling him.

Elsa pretended not to notice him and stood by the side of the road, waiting for a taxi.

When Jeremy saw this, he decided to approach Elsa and take her home so she wouldn’t have to wait for a taxi.

He was right behind Elsa, about to touch her shoulder and get her attention, when a man suddenly appeared in front of her.

“Hello there, Elsa Halverson,” the man said to her with a smile.

He was wearing a black suit and looked like a businessman.

Jeremy did not recognize him and immediately wanted to know who he was and why he was approaching Elsa. But since he knew approaching them and asking may not get him an answer, he decided to eavesdrop.

“Hello to you too. What are you doing in Serpens?” Elsa said, shaking his hand.

Jeremy immediately pretended to be on the phone so as not to look suspicious, hoping Elsa would not turn around just yet, not until he knew what was going on.

“I came to look for you,” the man said with a smile.

“Really now? Why?” Elsa asked.

Before he could say anything, he noticed Jeremy behind Elsa, less than a meter away. He could tell the man was pretending to be on the phone and looked at him with interest before looking back at Elsa.

“There is someone behind you. Do you know him?”

Without looking back, Elsa knew it was Jeremy. But she still looked back, just so Jeremy could know she saw him, before she said what she wanted.

However, Jeremy avoided Elsa’s eyes, pretending not to notice, and acted like he was too busy on the phone.

Elsa chuckled and said, “I do. He is my friend.”

When Jeremy heard that, his mouth dropped. Why did Elsa say they were friends?

“That’s good to know. I thought he was acting suspicious... Anyway, I wanted to inform you that you’ll be getting an invite this evening from my boss. I hope you will answer your phone at 1 pm and accept to meet him.”

After the man said that, he started walking away without saying anything else to Elsa. He was only supposed to give her that message, and he did.

Jeremy heard what was said to Elsa, which made him even more suspicious.

Without a second thought, he walked over to Elsa, grabbed her hand, and made her turn to look at him.

When Elsa saw Jeremy, she smiled warmly and said, “Hey, Jeremy. I didn’t know you were coming here.”

Upon hearing Elsa refer to him as her friend in front of a man he did not know, Jeremy couldn’t help but get upset. “Why did you introduce me as your friend to that man?” he questioned immediately.

Elsa pouted upon hearing that. “You won’t ever say ‘hey’ back to me?” she teased him.

Jeremy felt as though Elsa was trying to throw him off  track and change the subject, but he wasn’t going to allow it. “Answer me, Elsa. I’m so mad about that. Why did you tell him I’m your friend? Who even is he?”

Elsa remained calm and looked at Jeremy seriously as she asked, “Aren’t we friends?”

Jeremy looked at Elsa in disbelief, but he still stayed calm. “Elsa, we are more than friends.”

“Oh, are we?” Elsa asked, acting surprised, which was messing with Jeremy’s emotions.

But he still responded calmly. “Yes, angel. I’m your husband.”

He then leaned in and kissed her forehead.

Elsa shrugged at his words and said, “Oops. My bad. I forgot.”

Jeremy froze in shock, but Elsa just smiled at him and said, “Let’s go home then.”

****

Jeremy stayed silent as he drove Elsa home, but Elsa calling him her friend and then claiming she forgot he was her husband put him in a very bad mood all day.

However, he didn’t show this to Elsa.

When they arrived back, Jeremy went to his office, which made Elsa feel relieved.

It seemed that getting Jeremy angry kept him off her back.

With Braden at preschool, Elsa decided to start working on the next part of her revenge plan.

***