chapter 413

Please... Don’t forget to vote & comment.

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

They still got a judge who looked into the case and the evidence, despite Esther being legally mentally unstable.

And that morning, it was the court date.

Elsa and Jeremy arrived on time in the courtroom together. Rosanna and James had already arrived. Seeing Elsa, the two quickly changed their seats to sit by her.

Rosanna and James couldn’t help but feel anger towards Esther Rowland. She had murdered Jenna Halverson, the surrogate mother to their daughters, and then she and Victoria stole their daughters’ identity. They had taken everything that was meant for Elsa and Gwen. Those two women had no conscience.

Like mother, like daughter.

Hopefully, Victoria would be caught soon.

There was a massive witch-hunt for her; she can’t hide for too long.

Esther was mentally unfit to stand in the courtroom and defend herself, so her lawyer was doing it for her. The judge listened to the accusations and examined all the evidence one by one.

And then, the CCTV footage was handed over to him on a USB drive. Connecting the drive to a laptop, the judge clicked on the video, which was then projected onto the screen behind him.

It showed the scene where Jenna lost her life. There was no sound in the video.

Jenna was sleeping alone in a bed in her room. A bed to which she was tied. And she was absentmindedly singing something.

And then suddenly, Esther, in a nurse uniform, walked into the room. Immediately upon seeing her, Jenna became frightened. Esther had a rope that she tied firmly to the ceiling in a way that Jenna could use it to hang herself.

She left the small stool she used there for Jenna to use to reach the rope.

Esther then untied her, and Jenna sat up on the bed. She took a small plastic cup that contained two red pills. She gave Jenna the pills, and Jenna swallowed them voluntarily.

Esther said something to her, but since the video had no audio, they didn’t hear what she said. And after that, she tapped Jenna on the shoulder before leaving and closing the door.

Jenna sat calmly for a moment, and then she turned and looked at the rope hanging from the ceiling. She walked towards it, looking like a rigid robot. She climbed onto the stool, put the rope around her neck, and intentionally pushed the stool with her feet so that she would hang in the air.
And after that, everyone saw Jenna hang herself.

Elsa couldn’t watch until she died, so she looked away, hiding her face in Jeremy’s arm. Jeremy pulled her in for a hug and comforted her gently.

For Rosanna and James, who were sitting on Elsa’s other side, they cried their hearts out.

“Oh, Jenna!” Rosanna cried out.

Elsa stayed in Jeremy’s arms until she heard the judge’s final verdict.

The judge found her guilty, but because of her mental health, she would be taken to a mental institution.

And after she had healed and regained her sanity, she would serve 12 years in prison.

Attempts of an appeal were denied.

The court was adjourned, and Elsa exited the courthouse to bask in the warmth of the early sun.

A relieved smile graced her features.

Her eyes shone as she looked at the sky.

‘You can rest now, mommy. The person who killed you is finally being held accountable. Thank you for taking care of and protecting me all the days you were alive. I would never have made it here now if not for you.’

Tears rolled down her face as a painful sting attacked her heart. She was about to fully break down when she felt hands wrap themselves around her from behind.

From just the scent, Elsa knew it was Jeremy. She needed a hug right now, even if it was from someone she still hated, so she didn’t resist.

She rested her head on his chest carefully as she wiped her tears away. It had been days and Jeremy's wound had healed. Not completely, but he was better.

“I finally did it. I gave my mom the justice she deserved. Now she can rest in peace,” Elsa said with a low voice.

Jeremy was about to respond when a woman's voice cut him off.

“Elsa, Elsa!”

Rushed steps drew close from behind, followed by Rosanna’s trembling voice.

Elsa could almost guess what for, as the contents of the video must have been shocking to Rosanna and James. Elsa took herself from Jeremy’s arms and turned around slowly, planning to deal with them coldly.

However, she was hugged by Rosanna before she could do anything.

“My baby girl!” Rosanna sobbed her heart out. “I’m so sorry, Elsa… Mom is so sorry! I cannot believe what happened to Jenna. And you had to fight for her justice by yourself. We should have helped you, we should have been there with you. Please forgive us... Please... I’m so sorry you lost someone who was a mother to you. You didn’t deserve that. Jenna did not deserve any of that.”

She apologized repeatedly while James’s eyes reddened as he watched from the side, having run over with his wife.

He sighed deeply as he took in Elsa’s cool expression and patted Rosanna’s shoulder. “Let’s not make it more difficult for our daughter, Rosy. Give her some time. I’m sure there’ll come a day when our family will be reunited.”

Elsa would have laughed at those words if she wasn’t feeling pain in her heart at that moment.

Rosanna let go of Elsa reluctantly and wiped away her tears. “Esther is abominable! How could she do that to Jenna? She made her hang herself just because she wanted to get money from us. Oh Jenna... That poor girl... My heart hurts, James. It hurts…”

James swallowed, his eyes red. “So does mine.”

Elsa looked at their heartbroken expressions. These people were still her parents, no matter how much she hated them.

But she wasn’t going to accept that fact.

“Elsa, Jenna was a mother to you... We know that, and we want to thank her for taking such good care of you and Gwen. Could you please take us to her grave?... Some day?” James asked.

If Elsa wasn’t in the mood to go today, maybe in the future.

Elsa looked at him quietly. Her eyes got teary as she said, “She was my mother. She was everything to me and Gwen. She fought for us, James. She did all she could to give me and my sister a good life. She loved us unconditionally and treated us like her own... Even through all the pain she was caused, she kept fighting until the very end.”

Tears rolled down her face as she said, “I still remember how beautiful she was.”

Rosanna was about to hug Elsa, but Elsa took a step back, avoiding her. Rosanna felt sad from that rejection but didn’t say anything.

Elsa took Jeremy’s hand. “Take me home, please.” Jeremy nodded, and they left, leaving Rosanna and James crying and wishing they could take Elsa home with them instead, to the McConnell Manor.

And two people watching in the shadows at different corners.

One who felt so proud of Elsa for how brave she was, admiring her fighting spirit that led her to getting Jenna justice.

And one who was watching in the shadows, clenching her fist as she promised to destroy Elsa the moment she got a chance.