..chapter 454

Please... Don’t forget to vote & comment.

 Don’t forget to vote & comment

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Lui was in Coventina, seated next to an old friend, as he told him about how Anastasia Grishko had sent someone to kidnap Elsa.

“You should tell her what happened five years ago,” his friend advised. “Because you know very well that if she hears it from the Callahans, she might misunderstand and think you will hurt her. That is what the Callahans believe. But we both know the truth! So tell Elsa, Lui. She deserves to know the truth too. Maybe you don’t want to tell the Callahans, but tell Elsa.”

Misunderstandings were very dangerous and could lead to terrible consequences. Lui should know that more than anyone.

He was seated on a sofa next to the French window, looking at the star-covered sky that night.

After his friend’s words sank in, he breathed heavily. He turned to look at the man seated on a chair opposite him and said, “I’m scared of telling her... What if she blames me as well?”

Feeling bad for Lui, his friend reassured him, “It was not your fault, Lui. You did your best. Elsa knows you, she loves you. She knows who you are and wouldn’t blame you for something like this. She will understand.”

Lui laughed heartbrokenly at himself because he knew there was a good chance that wouldn’t be the case. “No, she won’t. Nobody has ever seen it from my side. They immediately assumed the worst. And Elsa might also be one of them.”

“At least give her a chance, Lui! Don’t dismiss her judgment and trust in you so quickly.”

Lui turned to look out the window and said with a deep voice, “Elsa is the most important person to me right now. She means the world to me. I love that girl very much. It’s an honest, pure, and simple love. No strings attached. I genuinely love her. And I have from the first day when I kidnapped her... I have to protect her. If she learns what happened and leaves, I won’t be able to protect her. She might think being around me will put her and Yuliana in danger, and she will leave with our daughter. But her leaving will only make things easier for the ones who want to hurt her.”

His friend looked out the window and let out a deep sigh. He then said, “Anastasia Grishko will not let you and Elsa be happy.”

Lui smiled bitterly as he replied, “I know that. Her attempt to kidnap Elsa made that super clear. But letting Elsa go will only make her an easier target for Anastasia. When she’s with me, Anastasia won’t be so bold as to attack her.”

Seeing the sense in Lui’s words, his friend nodded in agreement. “You’re right. Elsa is more doomed if Anastasia catches her without you around. She already knows Elsa means a lot to you. And her knowing that is like Elsa signing a death warrant. She will come for her now regardless of who she ends up with.”