chapter 497

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

News of her escape from jail and impending execution, her kidnapping of Braden and Jeremy, and her attempt to kill Elsa and Braden, followed by her falling off a cliff to her death, was announced everywhere.

One would think it was news about everyone winning the lottery, judging by how happy netizens were. They celebrated her death that day, and Twitter was filled with comments from people wishing she had died sooner.

After all the harm she had caused, no one wanted her to remain alive. She was going to die anyway through execution, even if she wasn't eaten by crocodiles, which netizens joked about, saying they pitied the crocodiles for eating such a despicable person, as they might suffer from food poisoning and stomach aches.

According to the law, Esther Rowland was informed of her daughter's death while she was in the psych ward. This was news she did not take very well, and she completely lost her mind.
That night, at 3 am, Esther Rowland hanged herself in her room in the mental hospital.

Well, 3 am is known as the devil's hour, the time when the angel of death goes on his rounds. So Esther Rowland was among the damned souls he collected.

She committed suicide because her mind was completely broken, and losing her daughter pushed her over the edge. Now, she wanted to follow her child to hell because obviously people like them would not be allowed to rest in peace. She was also still haunted by Jenna up to that point, even though Elsa had stopped making her see things. She was already on the verge of taking her own life, so this just gave her more motivation.

John Rowland had just been informed of the news that his only child had passed away. He did not expect police officers to come again the next day and tell him that his wife had killed herself the previous night.

Now, two days later, having been released from jail after serving his three-year sentence, he was determined to get revenge on Jeremy and Elsa.

Throughout this whole incident, Lui was still nowhere to be found, and Elsa was beginning to feel worried. This led her to ask Lui's assistant, who also had no idea where he was, to immediately look for him and track his location somehow, even through his phone, until he was found.

***

Three days passed with nothing but peace and quiet, as everyone recovered from the experience. Jeremy stayed by Elsa's side at her apartment the entire time, never leaving her alone. Elsa was grateful that he stayed and didn't want him to leave.

That morning, Elsa decided to venture outside for the first time since the incident.

She wanted to go to the cemetery to visit her family, and she asked Jeremy to accompany her.

"Could you take me to the cemetery? I want to bring some flowers for my family," she asked.

"Of course. I'll drive you there. Let's first go buy some flowers," Jeremy replied.

They left Elsa's apartment building, got into Jeremy's car, and drove to the flower shop to purchase a bouquet of roses. When they arrived at the cemetery, Jeremy helped Elsa out of the car and held her hand as they walked over to the graves.

Standing in front of them, Elsa looked at the grave meant for her two children. "Is this the children's graves?" she asked Jeremy as she read what was written on each of the tombstones, 'the child of Elsa Halverson'.

"Yes. The first one is for the child we miscarried, while the second grave was for the child we thought died after birth. But it turns out Braden is still alive and was taken from you by Victoria," Jeremy answered with a bitter smile.

Confused, Elsa looked at Jeremy and pointed at the grave meant for Braden. "Then whose child's ashes are buried here?" she asked.

"I don't know. Someone's child was definitely exchanged with Braden. Victoria was never pregnant, so it couldn't be hers. But I don't know whose child it was," Jeremy replied.

It was then that Jeremy noticed fresh flowers on the grave, which looked at least three days old. This had been happening consistently since he started visiting the graves.

If Elsa still had her memories, she would remember times when she found fresh flowers on that grave alone and wondered who put them there.

The origin of the flowers was a mystery to Jeremy because none of them had visited the grave three days ago. And even if they had, they would have put flowers on all the graves, not just one.

Deciding not to dwell on it, as it wouldn't help him learn anything, Jeremy helped Elsa place flowers on each grave. They even put flowers on the baby girl's grave, as they didn't want to neglect her despite her not being their child.

After paying their respects, Elsa and Jeremy left the cemetery. As they walked down the sidewalk towards the car, Jeremy had a feeling that someone was watching them. However, when he looked around, he didn't see anyone nearby.

But then, in a sudden moment, as he looked to the front and they took two more steps, a man dashed out from behind a big oak tree and forcefully grabbed Elsa, pulling her away from Jeremy.

Elsa had not expected a man to grab her so brutally and with such force, and she certainly had not expected him to hold a dagger to her throat.

Before Jeremy could even react, the man said, "Get into the trunk of the car, Jeremy Callahan!"

Jeremy looked at the man, who was holding Elsa tightly and pressing a dagger against her throat.

He was wearing a black tracksuit and a baseball cap, but Jeremy could see his face clearly under the cap. "John Rowland!" Jeremy spat those words angrily.

Seeing Jeremy about to charge at him, John made the knife touch Elsa's skin as a warning. When Jeremy saw this, he halted his movements. His eyes went to Elsa, who was frozen in place with a pale expression on her face.

"I said get in! Now!... Or I'll slice her throat!" John roared in anger and impatience, pointing his eyes at Jeremy's own car that was only a few steps away.

"Okay... Okay... I'll get in."

Jeremy's car was a BMW M3 E46 GTR V8, so if he got in the trunk, he would be secured inside. But fearing what John might do and having a plan in mind, Jeremy opened his car trunk and got inside.

"Give me your car keys!" John ordered, and when Jeremy handed them over, John closed the trunk with Jeremy inside.

Elsa was forced to get into the black car, which then brought her to a remote abandoned factory. The man Jeremy referred to as John Rowland, which made Elsa realize he was related to Victoria Rowland, roughly tied Elsa's arms and pushed her to the floor.

Then, he left the room, went outside to the car, and brought Jeremy inside after tying him up too. He pushed Jeremy onto the floor next to Elsa before taking off his baseball cap.

Proud of himself, he smiled wickedly at them. "We meet again, Jeremy and Elsa Callahan. And this evening, you will pay for the death of my wife and daughter."

***

A lot of people thought that the baby girl was Victoria’s.... 🫢 y’all are so naive, it’s adorable. And I love adorable things. C’mere 🤗🫂