chapter 461

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

After hearing what Braden said, Jeremy furrowed his brows tightly, his eyes filled with sadness and anger.

He had no idea that Victoria was treating Braden so poorly when he wasn't around.

No wonder Braden had become so down and strange. It was all because of Victoria. Jeremy clenched his fists, the veins on the back of his hands protruding.

He had thought Braden was leading a good life with him, but he didn't know that Victoria had been destroying his tiny body and soul behind his back. He wanted to believe that Braden was doing well and fine this whole time, so his heart wouldn't hurt so much. But that wasn't the case. Braden was not doing well at all.

Elsa turned to look at Jeremy, then back at Braden.

"What kind of mother would terrorize her own child like that?"

She immediately became furious. Her heart broke as she looked at the innocent and adorable little child in front of her.

She couldn't believe that Victoria would even spare her own child. She felt sorry for Braden and anger filled her.

She clenched her fists and looked at Jeremy, but she didn't say anything. Instead, she turned to Braden with a smile on her face. "Braden, I promise you that I'll always protect you and be your mommy forever."

"Really?" Braden's eyes shone with joy.

Elsa stuck out her finger. "Pinky promise."

"Okay!" Braden smiled adorably as he reached his pinky out to Elsa.

Seeing how happy Braden looked, Elsa smiled with relief. This was how happy a two-year-old baby should be. When she first met Braden, he was the exact opposite of himself today.

She spent the rest of the day playing with Braden at Jeremy's house, but his words about Victoria's abuse stuck with Elsa the entire time. Victoria was an exceptionally evil person to target her own child.

Elsa avoided Jeremy for the rest of the day. In the evening, after feeding Braden, she wanted to leave, but Braden started crying.

"Don't cry, Braden. I'll come to play with you again soon."

Instead of being happy, Braden frowned and looked sad all of a sudden. Although he didn't say anything, Elsa could see what he wanted to say by looking into his eyes. "I have to go, baby love. But I promise I'll be back soon."

But Braden was still stubborn. "Mommy, I never see you anymore. Why can't you sleep here just for today?"

Elsa smiled at Braden's persistence and said, "Maybe next time, Braden."

A tear fell on his cheek as he pouted. "Please, mommy. I want to sleep with my mommy."

You know what they say, there is nothing more powerful than a child's tears. Elsa sighed before nodding with a smile. "Okay, fine. I'll sleep here tonight."