A year

I let out a loud laugh as Mia sat at the other end of the small coffee table.
I take a sip of my coffee.
" I still can't believe you did that when you lived in Paris" i laugh.
" I where drunk and it where only a year to study so I will never see that man again" she laughs.

I look out of the window we sat by, seeing posters about tokio hotel. Mia looked at them and then at me. " have you heard anything from them since that night?"
I sigh and look back at Mia " bill called me once after Tom left my apartment that night but since then I haven't heard anything from them" I say
To Mia and she noods. " do you even know where they are now?"
" I heard they where back in Germany for like a week ago, but I don't know, after a year i stopped looking for Tom, I let him go" I say to Mia
" okay let's talk about something else because that time of your life where not great" she smile making me nood.

It was crazy how fast it had gone, already a year since Tom just disappeared. I tried to call him but he never answered, I only saw them on tv and on the news. It where weird that I had loved him so much for such a long time and now I never saw him and I where happy actually.

" reality back to Lilly" Mia said making me look at her again. I smiled " sorry" I say when my phone buzzed making me look at it immediately.
It was a number I didn't recognize so I answered.
" is this Lilly?" A female said " yes it's Lilly"
" your father is in the hospital, he unfortunately didn't make it" she said making me look at Mia with wide eyes " what?" She whispered
" look at the news" I say to her low.
" I understand uh, I will come immediately" I say to the nurse and then hung up.

I'm the cab she shows me the news. " 50 year old man died in a brutal car crash" the head line was so we kicked into it.

50 year old father died in a brutal car crash, it rumored he where father to the famous superstars Ex Lilly cooper. The man where drunk when he got into his car and later on crashed into a building on 5th avenue street killing 2 other people with him, the two people got seriously injured and their state is critical.

I looked at Mia shocked. Relief and sadness filled me as we got closer to the hospital. He had caused me so much trauma and pain but he where my father, even if I hated him he where my blood.

As we come to the hospital the place where crowded or paparazzis, it have been so since me and Tom broke up, after being with him for a while and being with him on the news all the time. They asked me questions as they took pictures.

I came in and a nurse lead me to him, I where nervous when I walked into the room and saw his dead body. " are you okay" Mia said as she stood by my side " uh I think I have to be alone" I say and the nurse and her left.

I just looked at him, I thought about everything he had put me through, that he tried to kill me.
" I hate you" I say low as I look at him " I hate you for everything and I'm glad you are dead because In almost 1 and a half year I have lived in fear that you would find me and try to end my life once again so I'm glad you are dead dad" I say and stand up, just looking at him " I'm glad the world get ride of such a monster as you" I said for the last time and then I had nothing more to say so I left and Found Mia and left the hospital

" Lilly are you and Tom still broken up?"
" did you have a good relationship with your father?"
" Do you miss Tom"
The paparazzi shouted until I got into the car, trying to hide my face.

" I can't believe they act like that" Mia looked at the amount of cameras that was directed at the taxi we sat in " they act like animals" I laugh.

We got back to my apartment. I didn't feel sad and Mia understood why I didn't so we just talked about what I wanted to do with his body now. I wanted to destroy every part of him, he didn't deserve to get buried.

" I can't understand how he could do that to his own daughter" Mia said as she drank her water " I can't either and I was his daughter"
" have you ever tried looking for your mom?" She asked making me look down onto the cup in my hands " no, not really, I know she have a new family but I don't want to find her, I want to forget that chapter of my life, I want to forget everything until this moment" I look at her and se nods slowly. " I wonder if Tom have seen the news" Mia said making me look at her confused
"What?"
" yea I mean you are on every news channel right now" she put on the tv just to see myself on it.
"I don't know and I don't want to  think about him Mia" I say slightly annoyed.

I laid in my bed, i couldn't sleep. I where twisting and turning for what felt like hours until I picked up my phone. I scrolled on it for some while until I clicked into toms phone number, scrolling through our chats, smiling and stoping as I see how bed we where for each other or how bad he was for me.

I don't really remember falling asleep after that, I just remember waking up to my phone ringing besides my hand, it being the hospital that wanted to know what I wanted to do with his body now. I wanted him to be cremated as I didn't want to have anything more to do with him after this.