Cant help to hurt the people he loves

I woke up with a scream as I gasp for air, my hands flying up to my throat as I barely get any air into my lungs who where desperate for air.

I look around as I still gasped for air. Tom woke up, he sat up immediately as he saw me having panic filled in my eyes. " hey, hey, breath" he said as I tried to. " look at me Lilly" he said and I started to calm down.

" I,I'm sorry I woke you up" I say making him sigh " Lilly don't apologize for something like that, was it about him?" He asked and I nodded.
He kept haunting my dreams since that night.
It was terrible to see him in my dreams, waking up right before he killed me

I looked at Tom like if I new like if I felt like this was the last time I would be with him for a while.

I woke up, the sun stung me in the eyes, I let out a loud sigh as I open my eyes. Already morning.
I yawn as I do a long stretch.

I scan the room and can't find Tom, " Tom" I say a bit loud as I stand up, I go out of my room. He wasn't here either. " he must have left then" I say for myself and check my phone for any messages from him.

I make a big cup of coffee as I sit down.
After the first sip I sigh, I loved my morning coffee.

The door opened and closed as toms voice came into the apartment, he where talking to someone so I waited to say hi " I have to go" he said quietly as he saw me sitting and looking  at him. I raised my brows at how shady he just had acted.
" who where you talking to?" I ask as he comes up to me and kiss me. " uh just, just bill" he smiles a nervous smile making me look at him " is something wrong Tom" I ask but he shakes his head " no, no I'm just tired" he smiles.

I didn't think much of it for almost of the rest of the day until, until the evening, his phone rang and he was in the shower. As nothing weird I picked it up and answered like I sometimes did.
"Hello" I say "hi?" A girls or a woman's voice says confused " who are you?" She asked " Lilly Toms girl-" the phone hung up making me get shocked and then just look at the number as I got almost like a big stone in my stomach.

" who was it?" Tom came out after getting changed as I just looked at the phone. " Lilly? Who was it" he asked as he came up to me.
I looked up at him, no feelings in my eyes. " who is she Tom" I say and look him dead in the eyes, knowing if he where lying at the point. " who is who lil" he laughs a nervous laugh making me shake my head " I can't believe you" I say low as I lay the phone in his hand as he looked at the number making his eyes get wide I shake my head and turn my back to him and walking a small distance away from him as i couldn't believe it, i couldn't believe he where cheating on me once more.

" Lilly it's not what you-" I laughed at what he said " it's not what you think it is? No okay what is sit then? Because right now I only believe you fucked another girl or maybe who knows more girls" I say making him close his eyes hard.

He tried to take my hand but I pulled it away fast making his phone fly down onto the floor and break. I didn't care and so didn't Tom. " it's complicated Lilly" he says making the stone him my stomach get heavier.

Why couldn't I get happy? Was it to much to ask for? To be happy with the man I loved and where attached to with my soul?

I look at him. " tell me then" I say but he where quiet. I shook my head and made my way past him. Taking my coat and leaving my own apartment.

Getting into a cab and going to the only place I could think of at this moment . Bills.

I walk into his apartment, my cheeks glazed with tears as he looked out of the living room " Lilly? What the hell are you doing here?" He asked and look at me as confused as I where looking.
" what happened? Have Tom done something?" He said and I could see his eyes get angry but I stoped him from getting angry " nothing like what you believe bill" I say making his eyes get calm.

I sat down on his couch with him next to me.
" tell me what happened" he said and looked at me concerned. " I, I answered the phone, his phone and there a girl was, she was young I could hear it. She asked who I was but the moment I said my name she hung up fast" I look at bill who didn't look surprised, instead he looked like he where hiding something.

" Lilly I'm sorry, he's a complicated human and always had been and will always be, he can't help to hurt the people he loves no matter how much he loves them" he says and looks at me who wiped a tear from leaving my eye. " look, stay here tonight and for long as you want to until you are ready to leave" he say and I smile as i nood " thank you bill