Warrior Cats AU {3}

Okay, like I've said here's another part of the WC AU, would anybody read this if I made a book out of it?

Anyways, the next part will probably be Streamer AU and maybe afterwards the Vampire Lloyd version.

[characters: Firepaw, Emeraldpaw, Oceanpaw, Stonepaw, Frostpaw, Lightningpaw, Whitepaw, Maskedpaw, Grayfur, Darkstar, Wingstrike]
[rating: fighting, fluff]

|~|

It was the day after he caught his first mouse, Emeraldpaw was peacefully sleeping in his nest before he got awoken.

He felt somebody's paw brushing against his, it came from his left so he guessed it was Oceanpaw.

He raised his head sleepily and guessed right, she glanced at him apologetically when she realized she woke him up.

She continued walking out of the den, Emeraldpaw yawned and peered outside, it was past moonhigh, and before sunrise.

Emeraldpaw got up, his ear flicked to get a piece of moss off of it, and walked out of the den.

Darkstar was awake, observing the sky as it slowly tainted from dark blue to a beautiful pink-orange-ish color.

Emeraldpaw stretched, closing his eyes as he did so, he thought of what would be on the training schedule today.

He knew that Lightningpaw and Oceanpaw would be working with their mentors on how to catch rabbits.

Firepaw would be working on tracking skills with AdderHowl and Skyfur.

Frostpaw and Stonepaw would be working on fighting skills, specifically on fighting together.

Cats who've trained together usually fight beside each other and protect each other's back.

He watched as two kits stumbled out of the nursery, probably awoken by the younger kits.

They were both she-cats, five moons old and littermates, it wouldn't be long before they joined the apprentice den.

One was a beautiful dark, almost red, orange tabby with orange eyes called Amberkit.

The other was a gray she-cat with light gray paws and green eyes named Graykit.

They looked faintly annoyed and Emeraldpaw could hear the mewling from the other four kits in the nursery.

Oceanpaw was talking with her mentor who was up already, few warriors were awake.

Grayfur was still asleep, so were the medicine cats and elders.

He decided to wash himself, he had nothing better to do anyway. His pink tongue trailed over his leg fur and flattened it.

He continued onto his chest and shoulders and twisted around to his back and tail.

He licked his paw and trailed it over his ears, cleaning them well enough. He didn't try hard to clean himself as he'd probably be muddy by the end of the day.

It was dawn when Grayfur walked out of the warriors den, Emeraldpaw hoped he'd approach him first but the deputy didn't.

He went straight to his brother and talked with him for a bit until the warriors were awake.

"Gather around for patrols!" his voice echoed accros camp, Emeraldpaw's golden ear twitched as he heard the annoyed grumbles from his denmates behind him.

They soon walked out and joined him outside their den, some warriors were missing as they were guarding the borders.

"right then, Lionclaw, take the next guarding patrol and take Blazeclaw, Berryswipe, Sedgewhisker and Howlfang." he ordered.