The Resistance And The SOG {2}

Here's part two, I hope yall enjoy.

Also I am working on the other Oneshots too.

Unfortunately I did not have many ideas for this one shot so it's around 800 words, I will make a part 3 if you guys want!

[characters: Harumi, Lloyd, UV, Killow, SOG, Resistance}
[rating: normal]

|~|

Lloyd was eating a piece of bread, he was one of the first people to wake up, he pushed last nights events to the back of his mind.

He grabbed a rock from the ground and his katana, he knew there would be something dangerous in the caves and he wanted to be prepared.

He sharpened his weapon, just the way Kai had taught him when he was young.

|~|

Young Lloyd walked onto the deck of the bounty, in search for his older brother, he saw Kai with his katanas and a.. Rock?

He walked over, his curiosity peaked, Kai smiled at him "hey, kiddo." he greeted him, Lloyd greeted him back.

"what are you doing?" he asked, curious, he smiled "I'm sharpening my weapons, wanna help?" he asked.

Lloyd nodded, Kai pulled him onto his lap and carefully handed him the katana.

"look, if you slide the rock against the blade, outwards, then it'll get sharper." he explained as he handed Lloyd the rock.

"hoe can you tell that a weapon needs sharpening?" he asked, Kai grabbed the katana "look at the edge." he told him.

Lloyd looked closer and saw the blade had dulled, meaning it wasn't as sharp anymore.

"now, carefully trail the rock against the edge." Kai instructed, he got handed the weapon back and he did as was instructed.

After doing it a bunch of times, Kai grabbed the blade "now look at the blade again."

To his surprise, the blade had been sharpened, he always thought the blade would stay sharp on its own.

|~|

Lloyd sighed, oh how he missed his family, he finished sharpening his katana and threw the rock away.

After a while, everybody was awake and packing up, Lloyd was still in pain, mentally and physically.

"let's get going?" Harumi called, she led the way into another cave, and then into another.

Suddenly, a large roar sounded from deep into cave, both Skylor and Nya stood protectively around him.

Lloyd drew his blade, then it appeared, it seemed to be a large, black panther-tiger hybrid.

A large swipe of its paw knocked them away, Lloyd got seperated from Nya and Skylor.

The beast turned to him, he was alone in a corner, a paw swiped at him and Lloyd used his well-earned skills to jump onto the paw and along the leg until he was on the beasts back.

The beast shook furiously, trying to get him off, Lloyd held on tightly, he laid down, he knew how to make the beast back down.

He positioned the sharp blade of his katana at the beasts neck, he pressed down so the animal could feel it.

It whined and stopped fighting, Lloyd jumped down and pointed it at the beast, he crouched down.

Then Lloyd saw something.

The beast had scars.

It didn't want to hurt them, it was just scared.

He put his blade away and gently pressed his hand to the animals muzzle.

The beast licked curious at it, he smiled "it's okay, we're not enemies.." he whispered to the poor animal.

He rested his head against its muzzle, and somehow Lloyd could hear it in the back of his mind.

Friend? The beast asked, Lloyd smiled yes, friend. He responded.

The beast wagged his tail, Lloyd smiled and turned around "he won't do anything, it was just scared." he told them.

Can you help us find our way out? He asked, the beast nodded, it roared and walked through the caves.

"he's going to help us!" he told them before he ran after the beast, he could hear the others following.

———

It was night again and the animal had helped them, they were all shocked how Lloyd could communicate with it.

They sleeping partners were still the same, Lloyd decided on a place this time, they'd sleep next to the animal.

The beast was called Llwyd, it was similar to his name, just pronounced differently.

Lloyd laid against Llwyd's paw, he was already half asleep as he was tired from running after Llwyd for hours.

He was already asleep when Lloyd had found a place to sleep, the blonde looked up when Harumi sat down next to him.

Lloyd turned around, his back facing her, and closed his eyes, he heard her yawn and lay down too.

"Harumi?" he called, she hummed in response "can you please not do.. that again?" he asked.

"m'kay.." she mumbled tiredly, Lloyd closed his eyes again, comforted by Llwyd's warmth behind him.

Part 3?