Morning Regrets

Akiha pov: "We still have so much to do before we are even ready for a battle," Kohaku said as she began to work on Mecha Hisui. She was tweaking her creation while the sun peeked into the manor.

"Hisui-chan, do you mind if I enhance the body of this Mecha?" Kohaku asked

"Onee-san, what type of enhancements?" She asked

"You know... uh, the cool ones," she said.

"Kohaku, you are going to have to specify for your sister; she doesn't understand." I claimed

"Well, I don't feel like it, y'know?" She questioned

"Why is that?" I asked Kohaku looked at me and began to whistle. "You are supposed to look away when you whistle nervously." I said

Kohaku giggled. "I want to look at you," she told me, causing me to blush.

This is cute. She is cute. I love her, and Hisui, of course, both sisters are adorable.

"Do you want your morning tea, Akiha?" Hisui asked

"Oh, yeah," I told her.

"Okay, let me get you the tea," she said.

Kohaku went to chase after her sister, but she stopped and fell to her knees. "Kohaku!" I yelled. I ran over to her and hugged her as she seemingly passed out. She ended up getting up.

"Sorry, I think I'm anemic," she told me.

"That isn't true; you aren't anemic. I know what it looks like since Nii-san is anemic; you just haven't been sleeping. I want you to rest up, and then when you have gotten enough sleep, you can continue to work on the mecha," I told her.

She looked at me, frowned, and signed, "Please stop," she told me.

"Why?" I asked.

"I don't want you to worry about me, and besides, I tried to kill you, and for some reason you don't hate me yet you love me. It makes no sense. How can you tell me that you love me? How can you say that you want me to be your maid?" Kohaku asked

"Kohaku, it's because I feel awful for everything. My father and Shiki did terrible awful things to you, and I couldn't help you. I feel like I made your life worse since you have to serve me. I was fine with you killing me, as I said I would be happy if you did," I claimed.

Kohaku nodded, but she didn't look at me. "Honestly, part of me didn't want to betray you," she stated.

"What do you mean?" I asked

"The reason why is because I had regrets. I felt like everything I did was wrong. That is why I stabbed myself. That is why I tried to end my life. That is why I plummeted into a coma for months," she stated.

"Kohaku, don't have regrets." I said

"Akiha, then don't forgive me!" She said

I don't know how to just unforgive her, or if that was even possible, that makes no sense. I don't think you can possibly do that, but I guess I have to try.

"Lady Akiha, I'm joking!" She said to me,

"Oh, I was ready to try to unforgive you!" I loudly said,

Hisui came back with the tea and placed it in front of me. "What are you talking about?" She asked

"The past..." Kohaku said.

I picked up the tea and went to drink it, but then I stopped and asked, "Is this safe?" I asked

"It is safe; don't count me out; I know how to brew tea, Akiha!" Hisu said loudly

"Come here," I said to her.

"Okay," she said momotonly.

As soon as she got close, I kissed her lips. "That's for showing emotions," I said.

"I-" Hisui stood there, not knowing what to say in that moment.

Kohaku began to shake me. "Kiss me too!" She whined

I laughed and leaned in, kissing her lips as well. They are both adorable.

"Hey you two, remember you want to get some good rest? I don't want you to be tired or to get sick," I told them.

"Akiha, thank you for being concerned about us, but don't worry about us; after all, we betrayed you," Hisui said.

"Don't you start with the traitor regrets? You were in the right. You also wanted to be with your sister. I don't care that you betrayed us. I forgive you. I love you. So please stop acting like you have to atone and that you have to feel sorry for what you did!" I said

"We hurt so many people," Hisui said.

"If you really think that you have to atone for the world, then what you need to do is help us defeat the night. We have to end the Night of Wallachia if we hope to atone for everything we have done in the past and present," I said.

"We?" Hisui questioned

"I will make the past up to you. I will show you that I am sorry for standing by while you two suffered. I will help set you free!" I told her.

"Akiha, we already are free, even though we are your maids. We don't think you are suffocating; we aren't your slaves. You never treated us like that, and the only times you were harsh on us, we deserved it. You are fair to us, Akiha; our only issue was your brother and father." Kohaku said it once again.

"You can tell me all you want, but I don't know." I sighed

Hisui and Kohaku stared at one another, but then they kissed me on both cheeks.

"Let's make Lady Akiha something special!" Hisui said

"Okay, and then let's get some good rest." Kohaku added

They knew what to say; their words got a small smile to creep up on my face, and now I have to look forward and move on. I need to focus on future threats, for example, Kishima or Miyako. She isn't a threat because of her strength, and Miyako is just a worthless nucience.

"Yo Akiha, are you willing to do something?" Arcueid asked as she entered the mansion.

I looked up and tilted my head at the vampire. "What is it?" I asked