Baseball

It was a hot day. But despite this, Y/N wore a woollen beanie over head. She wiped away at the sweat beading on her forehead as she watched the two schools taking up their positions on the baseball field.

Gojo's attempt at braiding her hair had been more disastrous than she'd originally thought. Her hair had knots and some of her hair had a different texture now. His attempt at fixing it in the morning had probably caused most of the damage. So now she had to hide it under a warm beanie in the boiling sun.

"What're you hiding under there?"

Y/N turned to glare at her brother.

Akechi had decided to join the game, acting as an umpire. He was grinning mischievously at her, having guessed immediately that she was hiding something.

"Say something else and I'll obliterate you," she hissed.

He chuckled quietly to himself and went to the field to begin. He had somehow easily found a place here at the school. He got along well with everyone yet she still hadn't spent nearly enough time with her brother. She felt a little jealous as he gave Yuuji a high five on the field.

"Y/n."

She turned towards the sound of the new voice. Yaga walked up to her. She gave him as polite of a smile as she could muster in her current mood. It looked more like a scowl.

"How have you been?" He asked standing side by side with her, he looked ahead as if watching the game.

Following suit, Y/n also turned to face straight ahead, "I've been alright."

"Good. I wanted to talk to you about what happened yesterday," he continued.

Y/n shifted uncomfortably.

"Well, I don't think I need to go into detail but we need you to get used to jujutsu scorcery again. So I ordered you a uniform and you'll be getting missions from now on," he stated.

Y/n whipped her head around to look at him. An unexpected bubble of excitement began to rise. She hadn't really thought that was an option. But to be able to help, perform well and most importantly improve was exciting.

"Thank you!" She blurted out.

Yaga nodded, "You'll do great."

He opened his mouth as if to say something but seemed to change his mind. Instead he gave her a gentle pat on the shoulder and then he walked away.

Y/n almost felt her mood lifting.

Thwack

The sound of a bat hitting a ball drew her attention back to the field. Nobara was running to the next base while her ball was flying directly towards Y/N.

Without much effort she stepped to the side, letting the ball pass her. She was impressed by the speed and force it was travelling at, Nobara had some great arm strength.

Mai, Maki's sister was sprinting to get the ball back to tag Nobara out. But she suddenly froze before reaching Y/n. She was staring with wide eyes at something behind Y/n.

Confused, Y/N turned to see what had shocked her.

She also froze.

Nanami was standing next to a bench wearing a white shirt rolled up to his elbows, the top unbuttoned due to the heat, with suspenders attaching to his light grey pants. He was holding a small paper bag.

But most prominent was the red spot on his forehead where the ball had hit him. His face remained somewhat composed, his irritation only given away by a vein popping out of his temple.