Free

Y/n had wandered away from the meeting between the faculty members of the two sister schools. After watching a blue haired woman swoon over Gojo she'd quickly gotten irritated and gone to look for her brother.

Akechi had acclimatised well to life at the school. Apparently he was also helping out with some lessons. Although he did tend to mysteriously disappear for days on end.

She hadn't really hung out with her brother since... Well since before she left home. Did she even really know him as a person anymore? Aside from the texts they sent to each other after Takashi reunited them, Y/n hadn't really interacted with him much. She wasn't even really sure how his cursed energy worked. She knew bits and pieces like some of it was similar to hers. He could manipulate air but not other elements. He also seemed to be able to teleport or something similar.

When she arrived at his room she knocked and heard no signs of life.

"Y/n-sensei," Megumi's voice called out.

Y/n turned to see Megumi coming out of his room a little way down the corridor. He gave her a small nod and she smiled back at him.

"Akechi hasn't been home for about two days now. He usually come back after four days or so," Megumi explained.

"Thanks," Y/n replied walking over to him, "You heading out?"

"Training with Nobara before the tournament starts tomorrow."

Y/n nodded and an awkward silence descended upon them. She wasn't really sure if they were good since he'd found out she lied.

He waved awkwardly then walked away.

Y/n let out a frustrated sigh before deciding she wanted to take a walk.

******

Gojo was going to have a fit when he noticed she wasn't at the school.

Y/n strolled leisurely down a street she often walked with Gojo. She hadn't told anyone but being around other jujitsu sorcerers was making her uneasy. These were the same people she'd been hiding from for years. The same people who might be on her father's side. As much as she wanted to help with the tournament and help protect Yuuji, she also got an upset stomach just thinking about it.

Talking a deep breath of the fresh air, she felt a bit calmer.

Until her phone started to ring. Expecting Gojo she pulled it out and looked a the screen.

"Gojo my one and true love" flashed on her phone.

She felt her lip quirk up at the corner.

"He must've changed his contact," she murmured to herself.

She answered it.

He didn't even wait for her to speak before he said, "I hope you're safe whenever you are. Come back before you're not."

"I'll be back soon," she sighed, "I just... I can't be around those people right now."

A pause.

"Okay," he simply replied.

Y/n stopped walking in shock. Did he just accept that?

"I... I'm just worried but I get it. You can take your time... some time for yourself. But just please stay safe. Okay?"

She nodded. Then remembered he couldn't see her, "Yeah. Yeah, of course..."

"Stay safe." And then he hung up.

Something felt off. But maybe this was a good thing. She smiled to herself. Maybe he was finally going to let go of the imaginary leash he'd had on her.