kugisaki Nobara

"Nice uniform," Y/n commented on Yuuji's new uniform. It had a red hood on it.

"Thanks, Gojo-sensei got it for me," he said.

Y/n smiled to herself. Gojo was such a softie sometimes.

They were all standing in the middle of a busy street eating ice cream. Y/n was watching Megumi and Yuuji while Gojo went to check on the new student. She was wearing a cap over head, it was lowered so it hid her eyes from view, she didn't want to risk the wrong people recognizing her.

"Who's that, Y/n-san?" Megumi asked looking behind Y/n.

She turned her head to look behind her, in the middle of licking her ice cream.

Her eyes scanned the crowd of people swarming on the streets. She was about to ask Megumi what he was talking about until she saw something that caused her to drop her ice cream.

Her younger cousin, Misaki was making her way towards her, determination set on her facial features. They shared the same distinct features of the L/n clan. (Skin colour) skin, (hair texture) hair and a confident air about her.

Instinctively, Y/n sniffed the air to pick up anyone else's scent. She was not about to be ambushed. Once she was sure the only person's scent she could recognize was her cousin's she turned back to the two boys.

"Look, I need to go, guys. Uhm tell Satoru I'll be right back I just need to sort out something with an old friend," she patted Megumi on the head (much to his displeasure) and promptly began to run.

The goal was to draw Misaki away from the students and away from the crowds so she could kill her. There was no negotiating with her clan. They needed her and would do and say anything to get to her.

Y/n, making sure Misaki was following slipped into an empty alleyway and turned to wait for her cousin to approach her.

"Cousin," Misaki said appearing at the entrance of the alleyway.

She was wearing a black two-piece suit with a bright purple shirt underneath. Misaki liked to dress in suits and dress shirts, enjoying the masculine aesthetic. It suited her really well.

"Let's get this over with, shall we?" Y/n sighed making a big show of stretching her arms and legs, "I haven't had a good fight in months."

She was confident she would win. Misaki had never been that strong when they were growing up. Her cursed energy was weaker in comparison to most of people in the family and she used to be clumsy with weapons and she wasn't great at thinking on her feet. Still, Y/n felt bad that she might have to kill her. They used to get along very well.

"I'm not here to fight you," Misaki said, holding up her hands.

Y/n scoffed, getting into an offensive position, "Sure, cuz. You're just here to talk, right?"

"Yes! I am," she cried, "Y/n, I honestly found you by accident. I was on my way to the vet to fetch my puppy."

Y/n tilted her head to the side a bit, a little confused at the conversation, "That's a weird lie..."

"That's because I'm not lying!"

Y/n relaxed her stance a little bit, "Fine... let's say you weren't looking for me. Found me by accident, right? So what's your plan now?"

Misaki seemed to relax a bit seeing that Y/n was listening, "I don't have one," she admitted a little embarrassed.

Y/n crossed her arms, staring down her a cousin. 

"Seriously. I just recognized your voice. I couldn't even see you that well until you turned around and dropped that ice cream. I'm not going to take you back to L/n-sama. I know it's hard to trust any of us right now especially because of what we've put you through in the past... But Y/n, you and me were always good friends... you know? You always went over training with me after classes ended. You'd help me hold my sword properly. It... it just hasn't been the same without you and I really miss you, Y/n. You were always like a big sister to us. You would always protect us from... from..." at this point Misaki had tears streaming down her freckled face, smudging her eyeliner.