Liar

She woke up lying on Satoru's couch fully dressed. He was nowhere to be seen. She didn't get off the couch. Struggling to find the energy to. She'd known this would happen. She shouldn't have let the kid find a place in her heart in the first place. Now look. She couldn't be awake without feeling the familiar ache of loss.

She felt tears well up in her eyes again and quickly blinked them away. She forced herself onto her feet and took a deep breath.

"Megumi and Nobara are probably taking this worse than me... Satoru too... let me make breakfast in case he comes back," she said aloud to herself.

Her voice echoed around the room, somehow making her feel lonely.

She showered, put on one of Satoru's T-shirts and started cooking. Two omelettes and hasbrowns later she decided to call him and ask where he was.

He answered almost immediately, "You miss me?"

Y/n looked around at his apartment then at the food She was preparing for him and then down at herself wearing his shirt. She blushed, "No."

Gojo seemes to be able to tell she was lying, "Whatever you say, my sweet Y/n. I'll be home soon, I'm just busy with Yuuji."

"Yuuji?" She asked, the hand cleaning the counter stopping in its circular path.

"Yeah, just some issues regarding his... demise," Gojo continued.

She had the strange feeling he'd slipped up. But she must've been imagining it. It was as if he'd referred to Yuuji as if he was alive.

She shook her head. Paranoia doesn't look on you, she thought.

"Alright... uhm. I'll see you soon," she said over the phone.

She hung up as Gojo made numerous, loud kissing noises through the phone.

"Weird..." she murmured looking at her now blank phone screen.

Why did she feel unsettled?

********

Gojo came back and she knew he'd just been involved in a fight, the smell of a demon clung to him. She also detected a hint of Sukuna... most likely from whatever he was busy doing to Yuuji. An image of hands pulling Sukuna's fingers out of the pink haired boy's insides flashed in her mind and she had to close her eyes to dispell it.

"Are you okay?," Gojo's voice said right in front of her.

She opened her eyes. His eyes were inches from hers. He was bent over so their faces were level, his blindfold off.

She automatically leaned forward and planted a soft kiss on his lips. Earning a grin from him.

He leaned in again, head titled, eyes closed. Y/n's eyes fluttered closed as she melted into the sensation of his warm lips on hers. Her heart began to pound in her chest. Would she ever get used to this?

She was engulfed by him. Emotionally, mentally and physically as he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close. She tilted her head back to accommodate his height as he stood up straight, their bodies flush against each other.

Suddenly she pulled away. Yuuji's scent creeping up on her.

"What's wrong?" Gojo asked.

She shook her head, covering her nose with her hand, "Sorry... I sensed Yuuji for a second... on you... he smells recent and... alive," she said cautiously, the words sounding insane.

Gojo gave her a sympathetic look, "I'm sorry, Y/n. I would've come home sooner if I knew you weren't handling this well..."

Somehow those weren't the words she expected to hear, "Satoru," she said staring into his eyes, "He's dead, right?"