The past

♡♡author's note: This is a flashback chapter about Y/n's dead fiance. Maybe it'll help give context as to why he matters so much to her. Also I put some pictures of anime guys who sort of look/feel like how I imagined Takashi when I wrote him♡♡ enjoy!

.................                   ............                ..................

8 years ago
17 year old Y/n.

My ears are ringing as my head hits the wooden floors in the dining room. It feels like there's a few splinters in my face. Damn, this old man was so reckless.

I try to lift my head. I can hear my mom begging him to stop hurting me. She should know by now that it only makes him angrier. But she couldn't help herself. She always told me she couldn't bear to sit quietly when he beat me.

Suddenly my head is forced back down by a sweaty foot. He's actually stomping on me. How humiliating. I can feel the humiliation mixing with anger as he twists his foot over my cheek. They stink.

I could kill him.

The thought starts out small and builds and builds in my mind. I could just get up and kill him.

"I hope you're learning a lesson, Y/n. When I say kill everyone, it includes the innocent ones, the mothers, the children. Not just the heads of the clan," her father growled.

"I don't want to do this anymore," I mumbled.

"What's that?" He hissed.

"Nothing, sir."

He removed his foot from my face, "get up."

I stood up, still wearing my mission outfit. A tight bodycon suit that allowed me to move quietly and easily.

Behind my father sat my mother hugging my fourteen year old little brother, Akechi. They were curled up in the corner of the room on the floor, having abandoned the dining table when L/n-san grabbed my head and slammed it on the table when he found out I'd left survivors.

Akechi was glaring at my father with tears streaming down his face.

One of my eyes was swelling shut as the seconds passed by and I could feel blood trickling down my face. Some of it dripped at my feet.

"You, Y/n are nothing but a weapon for us to use against our enemies. You obey me. And one day you will obey your brother when he takes my place as leader," he lectured, "Do you understand?".

I flicked my (e/c) eyes away from my mother and brother and looked at my father. He had a smug look on his face. I briefly imagined myself ripping his head off his shoulders. My hands twitched as if begging me to let them do just that. I felt myself smile involuntarily.

I watched his face fall, "What are you smiling for?"

"I'm just understanding," I replied.

He watched me for a bit before deciding to go back to his seat at the bloodied table and continue eating. I couldn't help noticing some of his food had blood on it.

I followed suit going to sit down and continue eating.

"Y/n, my baby," I heard Mom whimper, "Let's get you cleaned up, you don't have to sit here."

"It's okay. We should finish dinner. It was my fault we were interrupted, " I replied monotonously. 

I was going to have to leave this place. The only choices I had here were to either murder people for the rest of my life and be treated like some kind of disobedient slave instead of a family member. Or to kill my father and all the elders in the family. The latter seemed like a good idea but it would put me in a difficult position in society. It would also force my little brother to become the leader of the clan, something I knew he was terrified of.