The talk

Y/n sipped on a warm cup of tea as she relaxed in a nice white arm chair. She was still at Jujutsu Tech, waiting for Gojo to escort her home.

"Man, I really hate having to rely on Jack frost to take me home everyday," she said to the man doing his best ignore her. He sitting on an arm chair opposite her, across a glass coffee table. He had a cup or coffee in one hand and a newspaper in the other.

Nanami didn't reply to her and just kept reading. His glasses were off, his small eyes scanning over the paper.

She was used to this so she continued, "What happened to you getting a turn to watch over me, Nanami?."

"When we decided you could come teach here, Gojo insisted on watching you. Fought us about it, actually. And you know he likes to get his way," Nanami said matter-of-factly.

Y/n rolled her eyes outwardly to express annoyance at Gojo's behaviour but was, despite herself, a little pleased to hear that he wanted to look after her that badly.

A silence followed where the only sounds were of the rustle of Nanami's newspaper and the occasional clink of a teaspoon against the rim of a cup.

Any time she spent with nanami tended to be like this. An amicable silence. Sometimes Nanami would rant about hating his job and how inconvenient things were. Sometimes she would just offload whatever was bothering her at the time. He listened and occasionally gave very good but very cynical advice.

"Want to marry me, Nanami?" Y/n asked randomly.

"No," he said bluntly.

"Damn, I was joking but it kinda hurts that you didn't even consider it," she complained.

"Hurting your feelings is nothing compared to what Gojo may do to me if I pursued you," he said taking a sip of his coffee.

"He doesn't really like me, you know," Y/n explained, "he's just a hoe. He likes flirting with women."

Nanami chuckled to himself.

Y/n glared at him, "You're laughing at me? It's like you're trying to start a fight."

"You're both idiotic," Nanami sighed, "I think you may even be worse. Now leave me alone I have 10 more minutes to enjoy my break."

Y/n slumped in her chair, feeling deflated after being called an idiot.

Ten minutes passed and, as scheduled, Nanami got up to leave. He gave Y/n a small wave before he walked out of the room.

She decided to nap while she waited waited for Gojo to get her.

"Will you love me forever?" His deep voice asked her as they lay next to each other on the roof of his parents' home.

She had just met his extended family for the first time. In time for his 22nd birthday. They loved her and she felt more at home with them than she had with her own family.

Y/n turned to face him. His dark brown hair fell over his face as he was already looking at her with his emerald eyes. He had his signature lopsided smile on his face. But his eyes were burning with intensity, waiting for tge answer to his question.

She smiled at him, reaching over to cup his face in her hand. This was easy. Being with him. It was even easier to answer him, "Of course, Takashi. I'll never stop loving you."

His smile turned into a wide grin. He sat up and leaned over her. He slowly lowered himself down until their lips were touching.

"Wake up, Y/n."