Us

Y/n watched Gojo as he paid for their burgers from a random food truck in the middle of the busy Tokyo streets. he was wearing a grey T-shirt and shorts and a pair of sunglasses.
I'm supposed to be mad at him, she thought.

But when he turned around and flashed a grin at her, she automatically found herself smiling back. Whilst she still hadn't fully forgiven him, she was... chill with him.
She hadn't forgotten that he lied to her so easily and worse that he didn't seem to regret it. Gojo was only sorry that she found out and was hurt by it.

He walked over to their table holding the food and gave her a kiss on the forehead as he set down her paper plate before he sat down next to her, scooching his chair so close to her that they couldn't avoid touching.

"You're very clingy, you know that?" Y/n teased as she picked up her burger.

"Well it's your fault for being so magnetic," he murmured leaning forward as if to demonstrate your magnetic qualities.

"That was cheesy," she said turning away

"But you liked it," he replied

She hid a smile as she took a big bite out of her burger.

"Is it good?" He asked her.

She nodded happily.

"Oh Yaga wanted to know if you want to participate in running the tournament for the kids?" He asked grabbing his own burger.

"Depends what it entails..." she replied

There was a beat of silence while Gojo chewed. Y/n involuntarily began to tap her foot on the concrete. A very thin black stray dog was standing next to the food truck sniffing the ground around it as if hoping to find some morsels. Y/n sensed a hint of cursed energy emanating from the dog. It wasn't unusual. It most likely was near a cursed spirit recently. It suddenly looked up at her. It was kinda cute.

"We'll. we sort of assuming they're going to try using the tournament as a way to exterminate Yuuji again," Gojo explained.

Hearing that she looked back at him, "You want me to protect him? I'd be glad to," she said determinedly.

"I knew you'd say that. What happened to not getting attached, Hm?" He chuckled reaching over to cup her cheek.

She let him softly caress her cheek.

"I'm going to ask you to decline the request," he said firmly, "I'm sure they'll also try to take you as well. We all know your father has influence in the council. I'll just need you to stay near me. If something happens to Yuuji that needs us, we go together."

"Satoru... I understand but at some point I need to be independent. This would be a great time to trial run it..."

She'd honestly been getting a little sick of constantly being protected. While she definitely enjoyed being around Gojo (she wasn't going to admit that to him), she couldn't spend her whole life like that.

He didn't look too happy but he didn't argue with her either.

The thin dog was still looking at Y/n. She smiled at it and it wagged it's tail.

"You want that dog?" He finally broke the silence.

Y/n shook her head. She picked up the burger she'd been eating and held it under the table. She whistled at the dog. It cautiously crept over to her, watching her face for any signs of danger.

"Don't worry sweetie. I won't hurt you," she cooed gently.

The dog seemed to calm down. It tentatively reached forward before gently biting onto the burger and extricating it from Y/n's grip. She gave it space as it stared to eat. Suppressing the urge to pet it she watched the dirty dog eat slowly.