Ready? Lets go!

||Author's note: Heyo! What's up? Yeah, I know I've been a bit absent. Life is doing a lot lately but I'm trying to be back. I write this for fun, it's some nice bit of escapism but even, then, it's become a bit difficult to get back into it. Anyway, this chapter is just really a bridge to the next arc. It may feel a bit like an exposition drop. But I just want to get back into the story as the last few chapters were really just focusing on Y/n. So hopefully you enjoy it. Feel free to give me feedback and tips. I really could use some||
*********************************************

Gojo was locking up his place when he suddenly paused.

"Oh. I should probably fill you in on some things," he said to Y/N.

"Hope it's not more lies," she said with a laugh.

He laughed, "No. But it'll help you get up to speed before the tournament start today."

"Okay. Shoot."

Gojo took a deep breath and started to explain while they walked.

"So. Where do I start? Okay so you know how I was training Yuuji after he died?" He asks.

Y/n nodded. It occurred to her that she hadn't seen Yuuji since Gojo revealed he was alive.

"Well during that training I encountered an unregistered special grade curse. Make that two."

"Unregistered?" She mused, "interesting..."

"Very. Anyway I wanted to show Yuuji how domain expansion works but I got interrupted by the weird flowery curse coming to save the ugly volcano one."

"Volcanoes and flowers. Got it," Y/n replied.

"So they got away. Nanami took over Yuuji's training for a while. He says they encountered another special grade curse. A really tough one."

Y/n was getting uncomfortable, "Yuuji's getting exposed to a lot of special grades these days..."

"Worried about him?" Gojo teased.

She rolled her eyes but couldn't ignore the unease, "continue."

"Well you don't have to worry so much. Apparently Yuuji was holding his own, without switching out with Sukuna. He even saved Nanami from getting killed inside a domain."

Y/n startled at this. She looked over to see if he was joking. But found him looking proud.

"Damn. That's amazing," she finally blurted out.

Gojo nodded in agreement, "But uh... Yuuji lost a new friend he made during that encounter. The cursed spirit killed him."

Y/n's jaw clenched. She knew all too well how it felt to lose someone to a cursed spirit. She felt an overwhelming sense of protectiveness over Yuuji, "How is he?"

Gojo shrugged, "He's Yuuji. He seems okay."

That's right. Yuuji had already lost his only family member yet he still smiled. Y/n could only dream of being that strong.

"So uh. When you left yesterday, I sort of revealed to everyone he's alive."

Y/n chuckled, "How'd that go?"

"About as well as you could imagine. Some people were mad, particularly Gakuganji."

"Oh. Yeah, bet he's mad his plan to kill the kid backfired."

Gojo chuckled looking pleased with himself.

They were nearing the train station now. It was still early and the crowd was thinner than usual. Gojo absentmindedly reached for her hand. She let him hold it, relishing in the comfort it brought.