God complex

Y/n anxiously tapped her foot on the pavement. She kept twisting the rings around her (slender/chubby) fingers.

"Stop worrying, those two will be fine," Gojo said to her a little too nonchalantly for her liking.

He was sitting on a step in front of the building Yuuji and Nobara had gone into. Next to him Megumi looked just as relaxed but also, obviously, more edgy.

The building was literally pouring with cursed energy. Y/n's curse energy-sensitive nose kept twitching trying to keep track of Yuuji and Nobara's cursed energy.

Instead of taking them all to have a nice lunch to bond over the joys of food. Gojo had decided he wanted to test Yuuji and Nobara's skills.

"Why would you send two inexperienced teenagers into a building full of cursed spirits?" Y/n asked through gritted teeth.

"Kugisaki has lots of experience, actually," Gojo pointed out.

"Yeah but she's not from the city. You know those spirits aren't on the same level," Y/n spoke quickly, very evidently worried.

"I thought you didn't care about us," Megumi inserted without looking up.

Y/n stopped pacing for a second, Megumi's words bringing her to a halt.

"What do you mean?" Y/n asked, confused.

"You told them you don't plan on getting close to them, right?" He continued seeming a little annoyed.

Y/n sighed, "I know I said that but-"

Megumi turned away from her, "whatever."

Her shoulders slumped. She felt bad. It's not that she didn't care about them. She did care about their wellbeing. She just really didn't want to get too close to them. What if something happened and she lost them? Or they lost her? It was easier for everyone if they just maintained a professional relationship.

But despite that rule she had for herself. She still found herself walking over to sit next to Megumi and she leaned her head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry, kid. You know how much you mean to me, right?" She said.

He said nothing back but she felt him relax a bit and lower his shoulder to make it more comfortable for her.

A flash of light burst in front of their eyes.

Y/n got off Megumi's shoulder and looked up to see Gojo holding his phone up, having just taken a picture of them.

"Aw, mommy Y/n and her little boy look so cute," he cooed.

"Y/n-san I promise I'll forgive you if you just beat him up a little bit for me," Megumi said, looking at Y/n.

"I'll do it even if you don't forgive, me. He deserves it," she said standing up and cracking her knuckles.

**********

After Yuuji and Nobara made it out alive, saving a little boy at the same time, they made their way to Jujutsu Tech.

Nobara spent a lot of the trip back home asking Y/n about her face care routine, her fighting style and favourite designer. Y/n found her confidence and fun-loving nature refreshing. She was actually enjoying speaking to the young woman.

A few times she caught Gojo watching her quietly, he smiled everytime she caught him, making no move to hide it.

She found herself enjoying it, smiling back at him.

Maybe I don't have to end this... thing that's going on with him just yet, she thought.