Time

January 2018

Y/n stepped out of her Tokyo apartment, wearing a light, white dress under am oversized denim jacket with white sneakers and her signature rings on her fingers.

She was on her way to a lunch date with her best friend, Setsuna. They saw each other at least  a week now. Y/n appreciated the effort Setsuna was making to ensure she never felt alone.

She walked down the crowded streets, enjoying  slightly cool breeze in the air, the sun in the sky and the familiar sounds of city life. She walked until she arrived at Setsuna's favourite coffee shop called "Momma's milk". The name made Y/n uncomfortable. Consistently.

Inside, the smell of roasting coffee beans mixed with the smell of people's curse energy wafting in the air. Most sorcerers could feel or see traces of curse energy. Y/n could smell them. She often smelled familiar people before she saw, felt or heard them. Setsuna's energy was easily picked up at the back of the coffee shop, near her favourite window.

"Y/n!" Setsuna's raspy voice called out to her. Setsuna had dark skin, a thin frame and stunning gold eyes that were almond shaped. Her hair was a giant braided bun on her head with a few thick braids hanging down her face. She looked effortlessly beautiful all the time. She wore a green crop top and ripped black mom jeans.

Y/n waved back enthusiastically and did a little jog to the table to sit down opposite Setsuna.

"Look at you wearing a cute dress," Setsuna mocked, "I thought we promised to be edgy for life when we were 19."

Y/n rolled her eyes, " Tsuna, we're 25 now. Things change."

"A lot has changed, huh," Setsuna said a little absently, looking down at her glass of juice.

Y/n sighed and made a sound that sounded like agreement.

A waiter came and took their order. Y/n ordered (favourite sandwhich) and an iced coffee. Setsuna ordered 3 ice cream sundaes and two waffles with cream. For herself.

"So, you're gonna take him up on his offer?" Setsuna asked through a mouthful of waffle, some of it flying out of her mouth.

Y/n reached over and clamped her lips closed, "Manners, Tsuna."

Setsuna rolled her eyes and slapped Y/n's hand away but kept her mouth closed while she chewed after that.

"I'll do it," Y/n said, "Nanami and them have been really good to me these past 2 years. I owe them."

"Weird, you never mention Gojo Satoru even though he's the one who's been at the forefront of your... dilemma," Setsuna said with a devious smirk on her face.

"Who?" Y/n replied before taking a sip of iced coffee.

Setsuna laughed. And Y/n joined in.

"Sorry, it's just a habit I developed to mess with him. He hates it when I pretend he's not important. In reality, he's a good guy. A little weird but good."

Setsuna propped her head up against her hand while she leaned forward and whispered, "If I wasn't so grossed out by men, I would totally let him get weird with me."

Y/n rolled her eyes. She'd heard that before. "Gojo Satoru is so hot", "he looks like a model", "he's a sexy little hoe".

To her, Gojo had started off as an annoying problem to be gotten rid of. Her mind drifted to the funeral when he came to her while she was in the tree. She'd never been in a tougher fight than that night. She could tell Gojo thought the same.