Rage

January 2016

She felt the wind whip her clothes around as she fell as fast as a bullet through the grey sky. A flash of lightning flashed through the sky but she hardly noticed. Her full attention was on the body flailing in the air below her.

Unlike her, the man below her was not in control of the situation. Where Y/n was purposefully diving towards the man, building up speed and momentum. He was in the sky because she wanted him there, after all she was the one who punched him so hard he flew up here.

Y/n pulled back her fist as she drew nearer to him. He made eye contact with her, his eyes widening at the realization that he was about to endure another one of her attacks. His eyes. Those beautiful green eyes that she'd come to love over the last 6 years stared back at her.

But all she felt was rage.

She let out a primal scream as she brought her fist forward to hit her love's body right in the chest. She felt his ribs Crack under her fist before the impact sent him flying faster towards the ground. In fact, she'd hit him so hard the impact caused a rumble in the air that she was sure the people below thought was thunder. She continued to dive down towards him, training her e/c eyes on him.

She saw when he crashed, a cloud of dust rose into the sky and a bit of debris was thrown around. As she got closer, she pulled back her fist again. She was close enough to see him lying there in a crater on the concrete. She landed fist-first, punching him in the stomach again. Blood splattered out of her love's mouth and the crater deepened under the sheer force of her punch. If this has been anyone else's body, they would have been obliterated.

But her love's body, her Takashi's body, had always been tough. Takashi had always been strong. Strong enough for the both of them. She'd always felt safe with him, he was always more than capable.

She thought of this as she broke his jaw with another punch. She thought how funny it was. Wasn't it funny? The person who was protecting her her whole life was nothing when faced with her raw power. She felt a giggle escape from her (natural lip colour), (lip size) lips. Suddenly she was outright laughing.

She laughed and laughed as she straddled her man's body and released punch after punch on his face, on his chest. The crater they sat in deepening and deepening with each devastating hit. Blood soaked her hands, specks of it painted her (skin colour) face.

She remembered the intense stares he often gave her with those green eyes. Stares that often turned into soft then passionate kisses. The soft lips that curled into a smile whenever she walked into a room. The shoulder length black hair that was always tucked messily behind his ears. The long, gentle fingers that loved to trace her outline. She remembered all of it. The pain fuelling her anger.

"Y/n....." Takashi's voice strained. It came out as a guttural sound, mixed in with the sound of blood bubbling in his throat.

Y/n paused. Her fist inches away from his face. She hadn't heard him speak since he was possessed. This was the last time she was going to hear him say her name, she realised. The last time her name was going to come out of her love's mouth was while his face was caved in and she was covered in his blood. The last time he calls out to her will be right before she ends his life.

"Goodbye, Takashi" she whispered, tears suddenly streaming down her face, leaving streaks in the blood and grime.

The she landed one last punch that cracked his skull, spraying blood and bits of brain everywhere, including on her. Takashi's body went limp underneath her. He was dead.

She sat there for a few seconds, breathing heavily, her eyes wide and teary. She stared at what she'd done. She knew it was the right thing to do. Takashi's soul had already left by the time she found him -no, not him- the demon who'd decided to possess his body after killing him.