Numb

T/w: allusion to depression and suicidal ideation.

Y/n sat on a hard wooden chair in front of the white haired man. He was smiling at her.

Takashi had been taken to the morgue, a woman with bags under her eyes promised her they'd clean him up and put him in a body bag for her. She was relived to hear they'd be trying to clean him up. She didn't want to be reminded about what she'd done. Although, she doubted they'd be able to fix the shattered skull.

"So," the man said, putting his arms behind his hard, "I'm Gojo Satoru as I'm sure you already know-,"

"Never heard of you" she deadpanned, looking him where she thought his eyes were hidden under the blindfold.

Gojo laughed, "You've got jokes, I see."

She stared back at him.

His smile faltered, "Wait, seriously? You've never heard of me? Strongest man in the world? Nothing?".

Of course I've heard of you, idiot. She thought.

But said, "Not even ringing the smallest bell up here," she pointed to her head with blood crusted fingers.

He visibly deflated.

She knew about him. As much as she hated being a jujutsu sorcerer and had spent a good deal of her life hiding and pretending she wasn't related to one of the strongest clans, she still kept up with news related to it all. She had to. Otherwise she couldn't stay a few steps ahead of those looking to bring her back into the messy world of sorcerers and curses.

Being here, interrogated by him at Jujutsu high was, in all honesty, a huge fucking problem. If they found out who she was, that was it for her peaceful life. But despite knowing all this, she felt numb. Felt empty. She didn't care what happened to her. She probably wouldn't care if Gojo decided to suddenly wrap his fingers around her neck and squeeze the life out of her. All she wanted was to bring Takashi back home and then join him where he was.

"Well, it's a little weird you haven't heard of me but I'll assume you're a bit shaken up from what happened earlier and you just can't remember properly," he said, his smile coming back.

Y/n stared blankly at him.

On the other side of the door, she could feel 2 other people standing outside. She recognized one scent from earlier and one person she hadn't met yet.

"Not much of a talker, eh?" Gojo continued.

"I just killed my fiance, bro. I'm not in the mood for small talk," she drawled.

"Yes, that does make sense," he said, "why did you kill him anyway? He cheat on you?".

Y/n let out a brief chuckle despite herself, this guy was insensitive.

"No," she said, " Takashi would never do that to me. He is the... he... was..."

She cleared her throat and then continued, " He was the most gentle and loyal man I've ever met."

"Takashi? Takashi Nagato?" Gojo asked, leaning forward.

"Hm? You know him?" She asked, "He was a pretty big deal, you know? Definitely a bigger deal than you since I haven't even heard of you."

Gojo laughed but his jaw clenched, as he was evidently annoyed.

" Yes, Takashi Nagato was my fiancé," she continued, "why did I kill him? Because some vile curse decided to kill him in his sleep and then possess his body. I couldn't let it taint him like that. I had to kill it."