finally, they meet

Gojo was waiting for her when she stepped out of the train. He was leaning against a pillar, hands in pocket, one foot against the wall. He was facing her direction with his usual smile on his face.

The casual way he was holding himself, Y/n assumed he was choosing to pretend nothing happened. He confirmed this for her by waving at her yelling, "There you are, Sweet Y/n!".

She, feeling a little embarrassed but relieved that he was being so kind, walked towards him. She gave him a small wave and a half-assed attempt at a smile as she tried her best to quell the swell of confusin emotions swirling around inside of her. If she had it her way, she'd run away from him and be alone for a while because the very fact that she was in his presence was enough to blur the lines she'd drawn for herself.

"I'd gladly protect you for the rest of my life".

Subconsciously, she shook her head trying to shake away the confusing thoughts.

When she was close enough, he gave her a friendly pat on the head and started walking toward the exit. She followed him.

*******

"You're gonna need to be faster than that, Maki," Y/n said right after dodging a sword slash from the green haired girl.

Maki let out a frustrated grunt and quickly spin around to attack again. Y/n without much effort on her part, dodged out of the way again.

The air was cold, crisp and fresh and ringing with the sounds of Maki's grunts and the slash of her sword slicing through the air.

"You've got this, Maki-san!" Panda, the panda, yelled.

While Gojo was busy negotiating a place at the school for Sukuna's vessel, Y/n was training the 2nd years.

Y/n was fully dressed in her outfit from the morning, with the jacket tied around her waist.

They were out on the field. The grass a beautiful jade green. The sky a juxtaposing sleet grey.

Maki jumped up into the air, faster than Y/n had expected she could and came down to land a hit. Y/n quickly countered, grabbing Maki's sword arm. She pulled Maki towards herself and put her other hand around her throat. She then slammed her onto the ground, getting down to straddle her and keep her in place.

"Good effort, Maki," Y/n said, grinning, "That last move took me surprise. You almost got me."

Maki puffed out a gust of air, "Almost isn't good enough, Y/n-sensei."

Y/n got off of her and helped her up. As she did so, she smelt the familiar scent of Gojo in the air (it made her heart jump a bit. Things have been confusing since the train ride) mixed with the scent of Itadori Yuuji (with a hint of Sukuna).

She turned around and caught a glimpse of Gojo's white hair with no sign of Yuuji. He disappeared into the dormitories. Y/n guessed he was introducing the kid to the dormitories.

"Can I get a turn, sensei?" Panda asked turning Y/n's attention away from Gojo.

Y/n smiled, " Of course!".

Just as she was about to walk over to the eager student her phone rang. She pulled it out of her back pocket and saw "Don't answer" was calling.

"Damn, sorry Panda, let me just see what this is about," she apologized.

"Hello?" She said into the phone, feeling a little nervous.

"Hello, sweetheart," Gojo purred on the other side of the phone.

She rolled her eyes, "Do you have anything important to say Satoru or should I hang up?"

"Why are you so mean to me?" He fake whined.