Chapter 43: Empty Promises

Katsuki sighed, you were fast asleep. So exhausted from everything going on you didn't even flinch when he rolled you over. His hand ran over yours... the one that was awkwardly relaxed on your side. Katsuki's fingers interwove with yours as he moved your arm to a more comfortable position.

"I'm so sorry." He sighed, pressing a kiss to your temple.

He hated that he lied to you... it had been eating him up the duration of your lovemaking...

A blush rose on Katsuki's cheek.

lovemaking...

It was alarming how in love he was with you, but that was also why he couldn't just sit around and wait for another incident to happen. Katsuki paced your kitchen waiting for a sign as to what he should do. If you woke up he would drop it... if not... he was going to go...

5 minutes had passed and Katsuki couldn't sit still, he paced the apartment about a hundred times trying to think of something he could do, he paced, and brainstormed over and over until his eyes landed on your door, the one tiny external lock being the only thing that stood between your door being opened or not...

BbZzzzzzt.ZZ.zzztt.

Katsuki's drill lit up against your door as Katsuki drilled in a new industrial lock with an external camera. Part of him hoped you would wake him up and drag him back to bed with your cute sleepy face...

Nothing. You were still fast asleep, exactly how he had left you but, sprawled out in a completely different way. He let out a light-hearted laugh and leaned against the door frame. He wanted this to be his life. Waiting on you to wake up, taking care of you... giving you a safe space to be yourself.

You rolled over, a little whine escaping your lips as your sheets rubbed your side the wrong way, The little cry of pain made Katsuki stand to an attentive stance. You didn't wake, instead, you rolled over, revealing an old scar he had seen the first night he was with you...

Before he even reached your door Katsuki's adrenaline was pumping, his nitroglycerin already flowing. He was going to visit Shoto Todoroki.

Katsuki was trying to fight his gut instincts to fly right up to your ex-lover and blast his face in... He was trying to think about your relationship... but even more than that he was hoping that you would forgive him...

I won't forgive you....Your voice echoed in his thoughts...

"I love you too much to let this go." He muttered to your door heading to the elevator.

I love you too...

Katsuki stopped to a halt. That thought invading his head... How could he risk that... How could he risk never hearing that again... Bakugo's chest ached, his hand gripping his shirt as if he could stabilize the pain... How could he risk you getting hurt again... How could he risk losing you?

He couldn't... he wouldn't...even if you never told him you loved him again... at least he'd have the memory.

Katsuki's fist hit the elevator button... he wanted to run and crawl back in bed with you, to stick his dick in you and forget everything else...

I wouldn't be able to sleep...

With ease, he was outside of a luxury style office. Dark Mahogany walls lined a mute-toned hallway. He paused for one last second... Hoping you would call or someone would call or something...

"Bakugo."

Katsuki's heart skipped a beat. Shoto was standing right beside him. He didn't even hear his footsteps. Sweat dripped from his fingertip, a cold sweat chilling his skin. A frost was imposed upon him by the half and half hero.