Chapter 39

Enjoy the update, for earlier updates please like, follow, share and interact! Interaction is how I know you enjoy the projects. All recent updates are available for $1 on www.patreon.com/themuze

Art Comms: www.ko-fi.com/themuzeart (Comms start @ $10)

"Katsuki?" You called, your voice barely reaching him. Like a snap back to reality his eyes claimed yours. You were sitting at the edge of your bed, your legs dangling over the edge, preparing to jump down. A stupid thought, given the fact, that you were sporting a 3rd potentially 4th-degree burn and a minor foot injury. Shaking his head, he drops to his knees between your legs, his strong arms wrapped around your waist. He couldn't help but hold you close, careful not to hurt you, careful not to touch you with his hands as hot as they were.

He loved you. It was evident to him now.

Katsuki swallowed the lump in his throat, his heart thrumming anxiously against his neck.

He was afraid he had fucked up. Burying his face in your lap his jaw clamped shut. It didn't matter what you said, it was his fault you were susceptible to injury, it was twice his fault because not only had he pushed you that far but he had burned you. Anything on top of that was his responsibility too.

You could feel the heat of his hands dim and grow as Katsuki struggled to maintain his composure. The smell of his caramelized scent made your cheeks glow. Despite the overwhelming anxiety that hung in the air the fact that his emotions made him resemble the smell of a caramel frappe had to be one of your favorite things in the world at that moment. You worked your fingers through his hair pulling them through his soft locks. Any attempt to soothe him so he would listen. The thought crossing your mind that you shouldn't tell him...

"It was Shoto."

For a minute it felt like time stopped. Katsuki went rigid, his heat radiating off of him, stimulating your quirk. For a split second, you second-guessed whether you had verbally said what you said. His breaths were so slow and calculated, the kind of calm that you learn to force upon yourself during difficult situations. When he pulled back, intense red eyes met yours, his jaw muscle was tight. Sewn shut by anger.

"Elaborate."

"He was here when I came home this morning." You clarified, your voice somehow weak, officially regretting that you had said anything.

"Why?"

"I left a door unlocked..." you hesitated to turn to look at the black french doors on the far side of your bedroom, leading out to a small balcony.

"No, why did he do this?" Katsuki was pacing, his red eyes were wild with anger. "You locked it. I was with you when you locked it."

Mina. You didn't answer. You, definitely, did not want to tell him everything you knew.

"Why Nova?" Katsuki stopped, his feet planting firmly into your area rug. "Why did he do this?"

"He was upset, because of the Endeavor situation... he wants me to move back in with him." It was an uncomfortable thing to say, a simple sentence that made your heart climb up your throat, your stomach trying to follow close behind. The thought alone made your heart race.

"That's not happening." Katsuki huffed, moreso to himself than to you as he started pacing again.

"Look, I'm okay?" You started, quickly cut off by the fuming blond, smoke rising from his palms as he came unglued in front of you.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" His tone was hushed, but his words were harsh. The bed dipped next to you when he claimed the space beside you, his shin pressing against the side of your thigh. "This is not okay, I haven't even seen everything yet because my shirt is physically stuck to your body, Nova."