Chapter 4: Downfall

"You're worthless."

"You would be nowhere without me."

"You can't even take care of yourself right."

"You have... nobody."

The entire elevator ride to your floor was filled with these thoughts... these memories.

Bakugo had saved you, but just enough for you to make it into the building. He didn't follow and you silently thanked him for this...

"Hey!" Kaminari's voice startled you, your heart jumping into your throat, your keys clattered to the ground at your feet.

"Fuck." You breathed, fear and adrenaline coursing through your body.

"Whoa there, sorry, I didn't mean to scare you little spark." He held his hands up in surrender, his face dropping from a cheeky grin to concern when he realized you had been genuinely scared. He bent down and picked the keys up, holding them out to your shaky hands.
"Nova, what's wrong?" He pressed, his hand taking yours.

"I- I'm just... I don't know." You couldn't form the right words, you couldn't even come up with a lie quickly enough. "Y-yea, sorry I just, was outside for too long."

His face relaxed. "Oh. Here." He gave you a soft grin, he slipped his hands under the turtle-neck collar you were wearing and shifted you so your back was to his door. Small pulses of electricity shocked through the nerves in your neck and you let out a sigh of relief, your vision turning a bright yellow from the electrons pulsing around your eyes. "By the way," Kaminari blushed and you closed your eyes in almost pure ecstasy, the energy flooding back into your system in a nice flow. "Bakugo has a key to your apartment." Your eyes shot open.

"What? Why?" You asked dumbfounded. "Who-"

"The girls gave him a key because we all have to go out of town this week, Bakugo wasn't called out, we wanted to make sure you were going to be okay."

"So you gave it to Bakugo??" You winced as if he had just told you the most cringe-worthy thing.

"Well I mean, he is one of our best friends, and he lives next door and you know he has a whole heat-related quirk which could help you. It makes sense when you ignore the fact that he listens to you masturbate through your bedroom wall."

"Jesus are any of you going to let that go?" You groaned, your head hitting the door behind you. "I'm so tired of hearing about that."

"Sorry babe, gotta tease you when I can." Kaminari chuckled. "Anyway, I just wanted to make sure you were going to be alright before I left."

"My electron buddy is leaving, how do you think I'm going to be." You fake pouted. "Honestly, though, I'll be fine. I just want to sleep. I feel like I could sleep for a million years." You admitted.

"How did Endeavor take your resignation?" Kaminari asked, increasing the voltage in his hands making you let out a soft whimper.

"He was fine with it," You moaned softly, "He just wants to protect the reputation of Shoto, no surprise there." You opened your eyes to see a wide-eyed, Kaminari, his face blooming a bright red. "Sorry."

Right as you pulled away from Kaminari the doors to the elevator dinged and a pair of red eyes met yours, switching between you and Kaminari.

Bakugo huffed and shook his head, his hands shoved in his pockets he stepped out of the elevator. He didn't say anything as he walked past but you could hear him mutter under his breath.

"Fucker is worried about the wrong dude."

"Hey." You called out for him, moving away from Kaminari you started towards Bakugo who had already entered his apartment, not even bothering to shut the door.