Chapter 40

Enjoy the update, for earlier updates please like, follow, share and interact! Interaction is how I know you enjoy the projects. All recent updates are available for $1 on www.patreon.com/themuze

Art Comms: www.ko-fi.com/themuzeart (Comms start @ $10)

'You looked at Katsuki. His blond lashes barely shaded those intense red eyes. He was so focused on taking care of your burn he had been completely silent, you didn't mind though... he was beautiful. Watching him do anything was amazing now, he was always impressive and he had always been attractive... but now... looking at him made your heart swell in your chest.

Katsuki couldn't bring himself to say anything. He had lied. He wasn't going to leave this alone and he knew it. He knew he wasn't going to be able to ignore this situation, it made him burn incredibly hot. Every flinch you failed to suppress only made him that much angrier.

That bastard isn't going to get away with this.

"Stay." Your voice was soft. You were honestly so tired, too tired to beg him to do anything. Not that he would make you beg. Katsuki swallowed the lump in his throat, moving the pile of first aid supplies to the side of the bed and taking its place beside you. "I-" Your words failed you, embarrassed by what you wanted to ask him. "Can you.." You sighed, frustrated.

"What is it, Babe?" Shifting beside you, Katsuki's legs stretched out alongside yours, his elbow holding him up while he faced you. His attentive stare watching your face curiously.

"I don't feel comfortable." you started, Katsuki pulling back immediately. "Don't. I just mean, It's my skin, I feel uncomfortable in it. I feel like I was claimed by someone who doesn't have the right to claim me... and I want that feeling to go away..." As your words flowed into the warm space, Katsuki moved closer, his chest pressed close to your shoulder. "I don't want to feel like I belong to him... " Your eyes shifted to his. "I want you to take that feeling away...."

Quiet filled the room. Katsuki stared at you, deciphering the words that came out of your mouth,

You don't belong to him... he doesn't deserve you... I can take your pain away... the longer he processed the information, the more relaxed he grew. His hands cooled, his gaze softened. He leaned over you taking in the breathtaking look of vulnerability in your eyes. He loved you. What you were asking... His heart swelled as he leaned in to kiss you.

Your body relaxed at the acceptance. Fingertips brushed over your arm spreading your fingers, filling them with his own. Everything he did took your breath away, no matter how small it was. He felt like home for no reason and there was nothing you could do about it now. Your free hand brushed his cheek, pulling him in closer. He didn't hurt you. His touch didn't hurt you. You loved him in a way you had never loved anyone.

Katsuki shifted between your legs, holding himself over you. "Is this okay?" He asked, a soft blush painting his cheeks as if this was his first time. With a small smile, you nodded. Your lips met his again, his confidence slightly boosted. Katsuki kissed you softer than he had ever had, his lips tender and sweet. You had never been kissed like this before, it was so sweet it made your chest ache. "You don't belong to anybody but yourself Nova." He whispered pressing his forehead to yours. "Not him. Not me. Not anybody. You are your person."

I love you. That was what you wanted to say. Those three words. Trapped in your throat like scared little beings afraid of being used again. Instead, you pressed your lips to his again, silencing yourself before you scared off the one person you wanted to be around.

"Nova, I'm serious. I want to hear you say it." Katsuki was abrupt, pulling back so fast your eyes grew wide with surprise. "I want to hear you acknowledge that you don't belong to anyone but yourself. You are your own person."