Chapter 9 : Dare

Standing in the mirror, you finished putting on the last bit of mascara, the voice of self-consciousness urging to you look prettier than normal, echoed in the back of your head. Bakugo had single handedly asked you to come out with the group which wouldn't typically mean anything but the fact that somewhere over the past week or so you had managed to develop a crush on the man which made you suddenly aware of all the times you looked less than acceptable in front of him.

You picked at your hair placing the natural curls in place with a small spritz of curling spray. Sharp winged liner was painted on your lids giving your eyes a cat-like aesthetic with an added smokey effect. Blush and a matte nude lip color to look pretty but not wanting that extra attention that came with Red.

You didn't want to look like you were trying too hard so you wore your most casual, worn out black skinny jeans that just happened to fit your curves nicely, you wore a black graphic tee with a long sleeve shirt beneath it, pulling on your double layered leather-hoodie jacket.

Your door opened quietly as Jirou strode in with Mina close behind.

"Hey bitch! I heard you're coming out tonight!" Jirou called through the apartment, her boots clunking on the hardwood. "How come when we ask you to come out when it's cold out, but the second" she waltzed into your bedroom meeting you in your bathroom. "A MAN WITH, WHAT WE ARE ASSUMING, HAS A LARGE ASS DICK, ASKS YOU OUT, YOU AGREE?!"

"Jesus Christ Jirou, he's going to hear you." You hushed her, running out of the bathroom, wrapping your arms around her neck and pecking her cheek for that Jirou JuJu.

"That's the point." She smirked. "It's about time honestly, I've been shipping you guys since we were in school. Couple of hot headed Tsundere's." She walked around your room inspecting your anxiety caused mess. "Chefs kiss sex life." She kissed her fingers. "Just wait."

"Shut up. There's nothing going on between us." You insisted. "I swear!"

Jirou clicked her tongue, opening her phone and pulling up a photo of you and Bakugo standing next to eachother, you were looking away blushing and he was grinning down at you.

"You got caught flirting with Bakugo, red handed. He bought you a whole thermostat system, dude."

"-and a key to your apartment."

"Which you gave him." Mina winked at you as she walked into the room wearing a lowcut v-neck with some super tight pants showcasing everything. "Should I change?"

You pulled at your baggy t-shirt. "It's going to be cold so I was trying to add layers."

"Well, I think you look comfy cute, if you're trying to get that Howitzer Impact, you won't do it in that." Jirou added in, earning another glare from you.

"I'm not trying to get anything guys!"

"Hello?!" Kaminari called from the living room. "Nova?"

"In here." You called back, glaring at the girls to stop the shit as you walked down the hall.

Kaminari was sprawled lazily on the sofa with Sero and Kirishima beside him, Sero nimbly rolling a few joints on your coffee table. You noticed the door was left open but before you could say anything Bakugo strode through, shutting it behind him.

You walked past him, nervously fumbling with your shoes, slipping them on.

"You ready?" Kaminari asked the room, directing the question at both you and Sero, who just grunted in response.

"Um, yeah. Almost." You rushed through your house, slipping on your beads, grabbing your keys and putting your ID and Debit in your phone case slot. You grabbed a pack of hand warmers, shaking them vigourously before shoving them in your pockets.