Chapter 10: Snow

You didn't protest when Bakugo used your drunken state as an excuse to get you home. You were drunk, but you weren't that drunk. The stumble you made at the door was about as much as an accident as any other time you tripped over nothing, completely sober.

The night was cold and dark, small flurries float before you in the air but never stuck to the ground. You looked down feeling Bakugo's hand wrap around yours as he put your hand in his pocket. 

"Bakugo, are you making a move?" You chuckled, loving the way his face turned red. 

"No, if I were making a move you wouldn't have to ask." He smirked, when you furrowed your brows and puffed out a disappointed pout. "I didn't say I wouldn't make a move, just this isn't it."

You hummed softly, content but concerned with the answer. You decided it would be best to just not speak about it unless he did. Part of you wanted to ruin this temptation. The temptation that you could be interested in Katsuki Bakugo. Do something to make him hate you. Or at least make him not like you as much as he did currently. So many things could go wrong if you started to like him... he would hurt you... you would end up caring more about him and then he'd lose interest and toss you aside. You didn't want to feel that... ever again.

Yet, as you walked quietly down the sidewalk, feeling the cold against your cheeks for what felt like the first time in forever. His fingers fit perfectly in yours, the heat from his hands keeping you warm. You realized you had settled in close, the edge of his sweater brushing against your cheek, your arm pressed close to his torso.

"Nova?" Your heart stopped at that voice. Anxiety coursing in your body. "What are you?... Bakugo?" 

Shoto stood on the other side of the street corner. 

"Shoto." You murmured quietly. 

"What are you doing out here?" Your ex strode up to you his hand pressing heat into your cheek, ignoring Bakugo completely. "It's too cold out here." 

"She's fine half n' half." Bakugo snapped. 

Shoto ignored him, "Do you want me to take you home?" 

"I'm fine Shoto," you sighed, pulling away from his hand. "Seriously, I'll go home. Don't worry." 

"We're not going home, fuck him." Bakugo rolled his eyes tugging you away, "go away, Todoroki." 

"Wow, you guys already call your home, home? That's, that's an impressive leap. I didn't think you had it in you, honestly...." 

"You know what he means." You looked away as Shoto's right hand pressed against your other cheek, the sizzling of melting ice steaming barely against your cheek.

"Back off number 2." Bakugi huffed, posting up this time seperating you and Shoto. His long hair swaying behind him. 

"Just come back home," Shoto raised his right hand raising towards you motioning for you to come to him. Your eyes widened, taking a few steps back. Tugging on Bakugo's arm to go the opposite direction. "Oh come on. Don't be that way, I don't understand what I did." He ran his fingers through his hair, his eyes meeting yours. 

"I just want to go home." You spoke softly after a few moments had passed, your mind completely sober and hopped on adrenaline. You could feel your body shaking, expending to extra energy because you were upset... "th..this was a mistake." 

"Hey, you're okay." Bakugo pulled you to a stop, not letting your hand go as he pulled you back to his, you bumped into his chest with some force but not enough to cause you to fall. "Shut up. Short fuse, you're glowing, okay? You need to calm down." He slipped his hand from yours and ran his them to the back of your neck supporting you as you relaxed. 

"Thats better." A few minutes had gone by standing like this, Bakugo waiting patiently for your glow to dim to a normal level. 

"Can we go home now... please?" You knew you sounded pitiful, a small buzz resurfacing now that you had calmed down. 

Bakugo scoffed, a small smile tugging at the corner of his lip, your sleepy face resting against his hands still. In the past week he had seen so many emotions come from you, so many he hadn't ever really noticed. He had never seen you mad or scared or upset really, you were normally just neutral with him and he just happened to witness bits of your true self shine to others around him... Now watching you with Todoroki... he felt like you were a completely different person than the person he knew two weeks ago. 

"Fine, let's get you home, short fuse." He smirked, taking your hand back in his, and pushing it deep inside his pocket, your fingers lacing comfortably with him. 

"Are you going to tell me what that was about?" Bakugo's voice was loud compared to the silent night. It felt like people a block away would be able to hear him. 

"Not today, I'm not." You chimed, attempting to make things less heavy. 

"I'll ask in another hour or so then." He huffed. 

"What makes you think you'll get the chance." You scoffed, raising your brows at him.

Bakugo smirked. "I will." 

"Wow! Ok, we'll see." You smirked. You looked up at sky. Dark clouds blocked out the moon, the streetlight flickering as rain began to sprinkle. "Oh... Okay, that's not fucking good." 

"Yeah, there wasn't rain in the forcast," Bakugo sighed, holding his hand out as if double checking the sky he pulled you sideways into an alleyway. You followed beside him for a few blocks. Sprinkles turning into rain, the rain slowly picking up speed as you wheeved between buildings.

"Bakugo, I'm going to get cold." You shivered, the water pouring down harder. Soaking your clothes, small droplets slipping down your shirt in slivers of liquid ice.

"I know, Short fuse." He sighed, "you'll be okay though, I promise." 

Bakugo slipped you into an empty bus stop, the next bus timed to show in 20 minutes. 

Your face went numb, a sense of hopelessness and dread flooding your senses as the rain pelted you at an angle dousing you in prefrost rain. 

Bakugo furrowed his brows at you, walking up to you, he gripped the base of your neck, heat surging into you. It didn't matter very much, your clothes were wet and the air was cold. You sighed, looking up at Bakugo with tired eyes. 

"Hey, don't give me that look." Bakugo shifted your back into the wall of the bus stop, turning so his back was getting pelted by rain instead. "Take off your jacket." You didn't protest as he peeled the soaked jacket off. Your muscles vibrated slowly as your quirk worked overtime to attempt to generate some sort of energy. 

Your breathing filled the space between you, Bakugo's cheek pressing against your forehead. He slipped his fingers beneath your wet shirts, the heat making every nerve stand on edge. 

"Can you go hotter?" You asked quietly. He complied silently. Cursing himself for enjoying the way you snuggled into him, your fingers slipping into his shirt. Your skin crawled with chills. You slid your hands up his back the, his heat pulsing into your skin. You let out a soft sigh burying into his neck. Bakugo didn't protest or pull away. His hands growing hotter and hotter.

The world around you slowed to a stop, the rain pelting down on the glass ceiling. Bakugo's breath grew ragged his lips brushing against your ear, you brush your against his jaw, his grip on you tightening. His red eyes met yours for a brief second, his cheeks flushed pink, hair wet and sticking to his face. 

"Kiss me." You whispered, your lips a twitch away from his. 

Bakugo sighed and pulled back, "You've been drinking and you're sick." He looked away, jaw clenching in frustration. 

"I'm fine, Bakugo." You begged softly, your bodies pushing and pulling against eachother. "Kiss me." 

Bakugo stood there for a moment, studying your face as he contemplated whether or not you were of sound mind. Whether or not he was.... 

"Fuck it." 

Up Next: Chapter 11: Fuck it
For Early Access Support me on Patreon
www.Patreon.com/themuze

Please Like and Share this fic if you enjoy ittt