Burns

"I should of went wit you." Amir said and Dior laughed.

"I made it very clear to his family I am not pregnant and I have a man. Khalil's family got loud and clear." She said and he nodded.

"Yea you better." He said pecking her lips.

"Amir you so damn irritatin." She laughed harder as she looked at him.

He didn't seem bothered but Dior was sure something was wrong

"Are you goin to tell me or I gotta beat it outta you?" She lifted her hand and he laughed.

"Man get yo ass on." He said and she laughed walking off and out of their room.

Amir was in his thoughts, really he had been since yesterday after picking her up.

Dior looked back at him falling back onto the bed as she continued down the hall.

She looked over at the small cake and bouquet of flowers.

They weren't for her, she was sure of it since he normally only got her favorites.

As she stared trying to figure it out Amir's Apple Watch on the counter lit up and there was a calendar notification.

"Damn." She said reading it and realizing it was his mother's birthday.

She could never rightfully say how she would celebrate her mother, simply because over the years her doing that had faded away.

She looked at him lying back on the bed and then at the cake and flowers in front of her and figured she could only do what she could and for him, she was willing to do anything to make things better.

"All right get up." She said now standing over him and he looked confused.

"What's up?" He bit his lip and she chuckled.

"No not that." She said pulling him up and off of the bed.

"What's goin on then?" He asked confused.

"Well today is obviously a special day so we're not goin to lounge around and ruin it." She said and he looked at her.

"You can still talk to me about anythin, everythin." She said and he nodded.

"I know." He said and she smiled.

"Well long as you know." She said pulling him to the closet.

"What-" He stopped and looked around.

He let out a small chuckle.

"Wait you organized my closet?" He asked and she laughed.

"Hell yea cause you don't know how to." She said and she tried to reach for the top of the closet.

He smirked reaching past her and grabbing the box off the shelf.

"This what you tryna get?" He asked pushing it to her chest.

"It's for you. Well for a special occasion and I think today is one." She said to him and he looked surprised.

"Fa me?" He said tossing his hand onto his chest and making her laugh.

"You so damn irritatin Amir." She laughed grabbing on his waist.

"Open it!" She said excitedly and he smiled.

"Ight, ight." He said with a chuckle.

He sat the box down on a dresser in their closet before he removed the ribbon and opened the top of the gift box.

Inside was a suit.

"I had it tailored." She said and he looked at her.

"I got the measurements when yo ass was sleep." She said and he chuckled.