It rains

"You look jus like him." Sierra said and Amir looked at her.

He knew that his mother was referring to his father, Arieon.

Ever since Arielle had got back from her time with her father Sierra had been acting strange, well more strange than usual.

It was a miracle but Sierra had let Arielle spend her first birthday with Arieon. This was mostly because he hadn't seen her in nearly 7 months. The last time that he had actually seen her she was half her size, she was just sitting up and couldn't even crawl. Now she was doing all of that and on the verge of walking and talking.

For Amir, it was a forced day with their father and then they were dropped off back to their grandmothers as if this was an actual thing.

It was strange, definitely different, a day without their mother.

"You good?" Amir asked  looking at his mother.

It was the first time in months he had seen her dressed.

She actually looked like her normal self.

Sierra was dressed. She was in a pair of jeans and a crop top. It was visible to see all the baby weight she had was virtually gone. Her hair instead of being dishelved on the top of her head it was neatly pulled back into a ponytail. She even had on light makeup.

She didn't even bother answering his question which let him know she wasn't good.

Amir looked at her and could still sense something was off as he put on his sneakers.

"So what's up? What you wanna talk about." He said and he happened to glance behind her.

"What's that?" He pointed to the suitcases.

"Our bags." She said and he looked back at her.

"Uhm where are we goin?" He asked and Sierra shifted.

His mother could barely make eye contact let alone look at him, so it was safe to say within the last few months that hadn't changed.

"Me and your sister are leavin." She said and Amir looked at his mother.

"Please just dont." She said raising her hand and turning away from her son's gaze.

"Amir, I jus can't." She said and she started to cry.

This was the version of his mother he had come to know.

"Every day I look at you, see you, hear you, you remind me of him." She said taking a deep breath.

He had always prided himself looking like his father but the last 6 months he hated, he hated he was a reminder for his mother and he hated he was a reminder to his self, each time he looked at his own face.

"I jus cannot keep livin here, we can't." She said firmly turning to the bag.

"Ma come on." He reached for her and she snatched away.

They stood on his grandmother's enclosed porch as Arielle sat on the ground blowing bubbles as she kicked away in her car seat.

She was much bigger now.

Arielle was the baby-faced replica of his mother still. His father was all too thrilled to see her. He of course spoiled her with love for the short time he had her. Arieon had even swore up and down she was his twin when the only thing about her that matched him was his skin tone.

"Amir, I love you I want you to understand, I really do but I can't be around you." She said and he looked at his mother.

"Ma- what am I supposed to do?" He said and she pointed to his bag.