The chance.

Present

"Here, cuz." Ahmad said, passing Amir a backpack.

It was about 3 a.m., and Amir looked across at his mother in a hospital bed. Her face was swollen from the headshot, but she was just as beautiful as she was. It was just now her damage showed on the outside.

Arielle had died immediately, Arieon was on life support, but Sierra was completely brain dead.

Amir couldn't figure it out why she would it, but when the doctors asked to speak to him privately, he could only piece it together on his own.

It was then he found out his mother was pregnant again.

He didn't have to question it. It was his father's. He likely promised her something, and in the end, he disappointed her, just like before. Amir knew his mother never really got over his father, the postpartum, or the hurt. The fact she had decided to kill everyone only showed her hurt and desperation. The thing was, as much as he wanted to be mad at her, he felt sad for her.

Her hand rested on her stomach, he knew in another life his mother would be happy to be pregnant.

If his father had stayed true to his word then he was sure that things would be completely different, their lives would have been.

"Man, don't think too much on shit tonight. If you want me to stay -" Ahmad tried, and Amir waved him off.

"I'm good. I'ma be here til morning and figure shit out." He said.

The rest of his family, all his fathers side, was a few floors up in hopes of his father's condition changing.

Amir didn't know whether to root for him or blame him.

"Im sorry, Amir." Ahmad said, not sure what else he could say to ease things.

"Call me if you need me." Ahmad patted his shoulder before looking at him.

Amir nodded and looked to his grandmother, sleeping in the chair next to his mother before Ahmad walked off.

She had cried and prayed until she passed out, and he covered her with a blanket.

All he could think about was the doctors asking him to pull the plug.

Amir knew his mother wasn't in there, but pulling the plug seemed like a decision he shouldn't have to make, one he didn't want to.

He glanced into the bag.

Of course, it was a bottle of Hennessey, a few stacks of money, and a gun,

Amir smirked, thinking those were all things that spoke 'Ahmad'.

He made his way around the hospital.

He found himself stopping at a familiar place.

Right, where he sat when he got news of Zoey's death.

As he stood in the hospital.

He couldn't help but cry, even though silently, Amir was in pain.

There, he stood looking out the spacious glass window that seemed to open up perfectly to the gazebo and garden below.

Amir wiped his face, opened the bag back up, grabbed the bottle out, opened it, and chugged from it.

"You prolly wanna drink that somewhere, not in a hospital lobby." He heard a female's voice.

Amir looked over, and he was sure it was the same female from the club.

Dior sat in her all-white outfit, looking out the window.