Of my word

"You still mad at me?" Amir asked and Dior shook her head.

"I was not mad at you. It wasn't your fault and your lil brother is a kid. I'm assumin deal wit a lot." She said and Amir nodded.

From what he heard it sounded about right.

"I was mad you didn't call me, instead your ex.." She started and Amir pecked her lips.

"Ten, is not my ex, my baby momma." He corrected her and she nodded.

"I-" She started.

"I'm sorry I ain't think of it, it was only cause I ain't want you to be mad or disappointed in me, like you are now." He said and Dior nodded.

"It wont happen again." He said wrapping her in his arms.

"I'm not but it better not." She said with a small smile.

Amir looked her over as he pushed his hands up her dress

"Where yo ass goin?" He eyed her.

She was in a plain dress with her hair pulled back into a low bun with calf-high boots.

"I have errands to run, bills to pay, and to go by Khalil's grandma house." She said and Amir gave her a sour face.

"Shut up, yea me and him been done but I do fuck wit his granny and lil brother. He asked me to take care of some things while he was locked up and I said yea." She said and Amir looked at her.

"Don't even make that face." Dior laughed.

"I'm literally goin to check on them that's it." She said and he nodded.

"Ight ima drop you off." He said and she laughed.

"You do realize Khalil is in prison and ion want him." She reminded him and he nodded.

"Hell yea, matter of fact keep his ass locked up." Amir said and she laughed lifting her bag.

"Boy come on, get up and take me." She said pulling him up from the couch
.
Amir got up and Dior pulled him out to his car.

He was glad he went and picked it up earlier that morning. Of course, they had tried to make things difficult to get his car but he got it. Amir was back in action and wasn't going to let the previous day affect his week with Dior especially since it's had been a while since she had been home during the weekday.

"So what time you need me to come get you?" He asked as they pulled up.

Dior chuckled.

"Give me like 4 hours." She said and his eyes got big.

"First off errybody granny love me, which means she going to wanna talk to me. Ima help clean up a bit and make sure Kilo got his school stuff together." She said and he stared.

Dior laughed.

"Kilo is his lil brother so stop questioning me wit yo damn eyes." She said and he laughed

"Ight ight." He said and she leaned over kissing him before getting out.

"Love you." She said and he smiled.

"Love you too." He waved her off before he pulled from the curb.

Dior turned to Mrs. Warrens's house and nothing had changed.

It was in the middle of everything really and not even in a bad neighborhood.

Khalil always said it was convenient 10 minutes from the trap, 10 minutes from Kilo's school, and 10 minutes from the hospital.