Roses and Thorns.

Dior felt chills down her spine as she thought about Amir fucking her on the rooftop as the sun rose.

That was super lived as she cleared her throat and popped the plan b before finishing her glass of water.

She knew the last thing she wanted was a baby right now, a baby by a stranger at that.

Sure she had met Amir years ago in high school but she didn't know him, not at all.

She looked in the mirror at the bite marks he left.

They fucked for at least an hour after the condom broke.

She was sure he came as much as her and sighed feeling like she was being irresponsible and desperate for his touch.

Outside of Khalil, she hadn't been with anyone else.

The thing was all she could think about was Amir, their sex, outside of her dark reality.

"You must've fucked wit Lil again." Aryia teased her on the other side of the bathroom door.

She called her last minute as she walked into her apartment right after leaving the hospital.

It was strange after the two fucked she put her pants on and she didn't even know what to say.

He reached for her kissed her and it was like she had come back to reality.

In the basement, the morgue her grandmother was waiting.

After pulling away Dior rushed off and out of the hospital.

"I need to get in the shower." She said avoiding walking out.

"Okay, so what's goin on? Ariya asked and Dior quickly started the water.

The irony of her just moving out of her grandmother's place and into her own.

The hospital just kept talking about her 'arrangments'.

Dior sighed as she let the water run down her body.

This isn't what she expected life to hand her. To give her a second chance at life. Only for the life to be alone.

Dior cried.

She had given up on Khalil, the only person she knew who loved her.

He just wouldn't change and it seemed to be the same thing every few months. They would break up he would fuck with someone else and then they were back together. She told herself there would be no more backtracks so when he called she ignored him and when he tried to show up at her job she changed her schedule.

That was how she ended up working nights but it was to her advantage.

She was now a manager at a job she had started only a year ago.

Housekeeping had its perks, dealing with people less often than front desk and she got tips.

Dior looked at her loft downtown, she finally thought she made it but without Mayelle she wasn't so sure.

Dior had stood in the shower before it started to get cold before she finally finished washing herself.

She climbed out dried off and put on her Nike tech jacket and Nike leggings.

Dior washed her face but left her hair the same not even bothering to fix her flyaways.

When she walked out of her bathroom Aryia stood with Meeka.

She was sure the news must have spread as she tried to look away but Meek and Ariya both grabbed her and hugged her.

"Babe why you ain't tell us?"Meeka said and Ariya was already crying.