How you get fired on your day off?

Dior looked at her phone and it was Amir calling.

She had actively avoided him the last 3 days and this time was no different as she slid her phone into her bag as she walked into the hotel.

It was finally her day back at work and she walked in to see the day shift manager and the regional manager standing at the front desk as she walked in.

"Turn around." Nico warned in a mumble as Dior looked ahead. 

Dior didn't even bother to turn back, as she walked right into whatever they had planned.

"Dior." Makayla said and Dior already could sense the bull shit in her greeting.

"You remember Terrika?" She said pointing to the regional manager, Dior nodded and gave a slight wave before she went right back into the back grabbing her phone.

OF course, she remembered Terrika, the one who wanted her job but couldn't get it so instead complained about favoritism and landed herself a regional manager position, Dior was sure it was only because she fucked for her position.

"Hows it goin?" Dior asked as she set her bag down.

"If I could actually speak to you in the back we will have Makayla keep an eye on things." She said and Dior nodded and put on a fake smile.

"Sure."Dior agreed.

Dior followed Terrika to the back and she was sure she knew what was coming.

It was easy to read her pleasant demeanor as one of worry for Dior.

They walked into the back office and Dior set her bag down.

Terrika took a seat in what was Makayla's desk and Dior could see she was all too happy in her new position.

"Look Dior I'm going to cut to the chase." Terrika said and Dior bit her tongue.

"Looks like we have been having a few issues. The fight almost 3 weeks ago." She said and Dior looked at her.

"The one I desescalated? The one where I was attacked by your guests, No follow-up was made about that either." Dior said and Terrika tapped her fingers.

"Well, there's also the issue with your attendance. Looks like you took a week off and then last Friday-" She tried and Dior cut her off.

"My grandmother passed. It was an excused week for bereavement., As of last week that would be my first call out. So what is it we're getting at Terrika?" Dior could tell she was beating around the bush.

"We're going to have to let you go." She said and Dior scoffed.

"You know what fine." Dior said and stood up grabbing her bag.

"Wait your severance-" Terrika said and Dior laughed.

"Well considering this conversation is being recorded." She lifted her cell phone out of her bag.

"That tells me that the whole reason you're offering that means you know you fucked up." Dior smirked.

"The look on your face means you know that you fucked up. And don't worry I'll take this up with Josh." Dior said looking at Terrika.

Josh was Terrika's boss, the one she hadn't slept with and Dior knew that. Mostly because all the housekeepers had whispered about it. Dior ignored it but still, she was seeing how everything she heard was coming to her advantage.

She stopped recording and Terrika reached for Dior.

"Wait-" She tried to stop her.

"No, no, no you wanted this job so badly enjoy the demotion." She walked out.