Way to find out

"Are you okay?" Arieon asked rushing up to his son and hugging him as he would out of the holding area. 

Amir was confused and in disbelief. 

"Dad?" He said and Arieon let him go before clearing his throat. 

He looked at his father and he didn't look like he had just got out of jail. 

He was dressed in designer and had a fresh cut, definitely not the look of a man who was in jail and heading for prison. 

"Daddy." A little boy rushed over grabbing Areion's hand catching them both off guard, Amir more than his father who seemed unphased by the little boy calling him dad. 

"Go sit down." Arieon said to the little boy rushed over to a woman who sat with a sleeping toddler on her chest.

Amir was by far not stupid. 

It was evident as he looked at the little boy who mirrored his father. 

"What the fuck is goin on Areion?" Amir said stepping back as he looked at his father and then at the woman and two kids. 

"Amir we can talk about it but what the fuck were you doin wit a gun? You know better than that." He said and Amir sucked his teeth. 

"You gotta be fuckin play right? A nigga ain't seen you in three months and you show up now wit some random ass bitch and kids? Two kids." Amir said and Arieon reached for him. 

"Na." Amir snatched away. 

Amir stormed out the police station hoping that Zoey was on the way like she said.

Arieon went after him and stopped him in front of the police station before he could go any further.

"So this why ma wouldn't let me come see you? This what you been doin while we lost everything?" He looked at his father. 

Arieon didn't say a word and Amir wasn't surprised. 

There was so much his father had said and so much he hadn't. 

He would have never guessed his father was a drug lord. That he had been moving weight since he was born, before really, and that he continued to do so after all these years. Amir just thought it was times his father got caught up or just a stereotypical occasion instead he found out he was the son of a dope man, the dope man.

As he looked back at his father's family it only made more and more sense as to why his mother had been acting so down. 

"Ma found out during the raid?" He asked him and Arieon looked at his son and for the first time didn't feel like his hero. 

"Huh?" Amir asked and Arieon nodded. 

"It's complicated-" He reached for his son who once more snatched away. 

"Nigga what's complicated? Tha answer you gave, tha shit you said." He looked at his father upset. 

"We was a family!?!" Amir shouted and his father's jaw tightened. 

Amir could tell he was mad but he didn't care. 

His father had betrayed him, his mother and left them behind without a word. 

"Amir it's not-" He tried and he shoved his arms away. 

He looked at his son with tears in his eyes and could see only his mother. 

All the years they had been together, all the lies and there stood his son a mirrored image of him. 

"Nigga you was a God to me! Now you nothin!" Amir said and Arieon did the only thing he could do.