Chapter 32

Ace's pov:

The conversation seemed to never end, after eating our meals but the restaurant was closing soon so we had to get out. On the way to the car most of us were already too tired to care which car they're going to drive.

Except Easton and I. We cared. We wanted the cool ride so that's what we did, we got into the porshe and drove a different way than the rest to have some fun with the car before getting home.

„you like her." Easton speaks, slowing down the car.
„what?" I ask pretending to be confused, but I know damn well who he's talking about.
„el. We all can see it man." I turn my gaze away hoping to find someone standing with a big cardboard sign saying what I should respond to that with.

The truth is I always have. Either as a kid or now, it's just always been her.

That's why I've never even thought about trying it with other woman. Even when she was gone for those 15 years. I just wished.. I wished so goddamn much for her to be back. And she is. And I finally don't want my days to just slip away like I used hope for them to.

She's not the same as she was when we were kids, that's obvious, but neither am I. She's nothing and everything I thought she would be when she'd grow up.

looking at Easton right now makes me feel, like an ant looking at up at the shoe that's about to crash it to death. I guess there's no point of lying to him so I'll just say it. „yea, but I don't know how Jake would react."

„bullshit! He's dating your sister. I'm sure that would be pretty hypocritical of him to not be okay with that. You're just looking for an excuse to not make the first move. Stop shitting your pants and do something."

„I'm not shitting my pants, I'm just taking things slow, but yea you're right he shouldn't have anything against that."

„you gotta do something about it, Ace. she's not gonna wait for you forever. She already has went on a date with Adam. Do you really think no other guy will try to claim her? She's literally the girl from many guys wet dreams and here you are waisting your time."

"Don't you think you're taking this a lot too far now?" I cling my jaw at his comment about El and the thought of other guys actually wanting to fuck her.

Easton is right if I don't do the first move, she isn't going to do it for me.

Elenor's Pov:

By the time we got back, it wasn't that late so we all decided to watch some series in the living room.

"You better be quick with choosing what we're watching 'cause I don't wanna sit here all day."said Jake hopping on the couch from behind and snuggling to his girlfriend.

"We've already decided. We're watching the office." Sofia said. "Can't believe you chose something good for once." She just gave him a dead stare not making any comments which I think was more than enough to make my brother question whether he feels safe or not sitting so close to his girlfriend's best friend.  And this I is why he just covered himself with aspen using her as a Hunem shield.

I can't help but laugh at them.

"Pam and Jim are just so cute. Why can't they already get together!"
"Shes engaged!"
"And?! A fiancée isn't a wall you can push him aside."
"Oh woow is that really what you think honey?"
"Indeed sweetheart." Sofie smirked at Easton with a sarcastic smile.
"So if I ever propose, and go to a bar, and a girl asks me to sleep with her, I can just agree bacause you not a wall?" Oh he's dead.
"Fuck you Easton. " yeah...
"Oh come on love you know I didn't mean it like that. Just a joke." He tried to kiss her on the cheek, but instead he met her hand pushing him away. "Get off of me. You're sleeping on the couch."