Chapter 8

Ace's Pov:

Today was usual. I woke up at 5 am did my work out for an hour and than went to office. Dad and Jev have some new alliance with the Russians.

To me personally they are annoying but surprisingly they don't have as many enemies as the italian mafia so it's better to do business with them.

I'm 26 and Jake is 24. I honestly think it's time for us to take over but our fathers think we're not ready yet.

How the fuck are we not ready yet? We've been preparing for this since the day we could walk and talk.

For the last 2 weeks Elenor has been around much and it bothered me. I know it's immature and unreasonable to hate her only because of her name but it's just how I feel.

I can't help my feelings. And as much of a bastard that makes me, I'd have nothing holding me back to kill her in return for my Elie's life back if that what I'd have to do.

The reason I was even thinking about it is because she's so similar to her. She has blond hair, is the same age as Elie would be and she has the same eye colour. She reminds me of her a lot,that's why I think of what it would be like if Elie could be here today.

Elenor has been nothing but nice to me, however that doesn't make me like her but in fact maybe hate a little less which is still something.

No matter how I feel she is my sister's best friend and I must at least try being nice to her because I know that my sister is very empathetic and if someone who she cares about is hurt she is as well.

It's 2am. I just finished work and I need something to drink so I go to the kitchen.

I'm too tired to do anything I guess I'm just gonna go straight to bed. I won't even bother to take a shower.

Drinking the water I slowly drift off to sleep but I immediately get woken up by loud shushed knocking at the door.

It's 2 am, who normal pays a visit at this hour?
I grip my gun and load it in case it's some kind of
attack.

Opening the door I see wet from rain Elenor.
" Geez, do you know what time it is, people are trying to sleep." Rolling my eyes I pull her inside
"Sorry I -um just. Can you please get Aspen?" She looks at the ceiling trying to blink her tears away.

"What happened ?"
"Nothing, nothing at all."
"Don't lie."
"I'm not."
"Really? Because to me it Seems like people  don't randomly visit someone at 2am with puffed eyes for no reason."
"Why would you care anyways?"
"You're right. I don't." Cutting the talk shot I go up to my sister's room to wake her up and go to sleep myself.

Aspen's Pov:

"Aspen." I hear my brother say waking me up.
"Get the hell out. I want do sleep."
"Wake up. Your friend is here."
"What friend?" I ask making sure he knows I'm annoyed. I soon will be paying him back  for this.

I love sleeping and taking naps more than Oreo's and I would kill for Oreo's.

"Elenor." Hearing her name I immediately get up. It's the middle of the night and I know what's happening at her house so I don't have a good feeling about this.

When I see her she doesn't waste a second and hugs me breaking down.
"Hey. I've got you. You're safe. It's okay El."
"No, Aspen. No. It's it's no-not okay." She sobs into my shoulder. I can feel her whole body shaking against mine.

"Let's sit on the couch, I'll bring you something to drink and when you calm down you'll tell me what happened, fine?"

She just nods not breaking the hug.
When she finally lets go and sits on the couch I'm able to make her tea.

"I've got you te- oh" I put the tea on a cofe table when I see El asleep on the couch. She must be so exhausted. I mean it's 2 am and something happened plus she had to spend an hour on getting here, so I don't think she got any sleep in the past 20 hours.

I quietly go to Ace's room. Opening the door I see him turning off his bed light just about to go to sleep.
"What do you want?"
"Can you please take El to the guest room?"
"Last time I checked she had legs. How about she uses them?"

"She's asleep and she hasn't slept for a long time so I don't want to wake her."
"Neither have I sleep for a really long time. I'm asleep now."
"No you're not. You're talking to me."
"Sleep talking." He corrects me in a cocky tone.
"Ace."
"Ugh. Whatever. You owe me."
"Thanks."

—————————————————————————-

Wow a lot of new chapters in one day!

Let me know what you think of my book and what you'd like to see in the upcoming chapters, in the comments.

Have a wonderful day♥️
Love you all💞