Chapter 27

Elenor's Pov:

For the past, I don't even know how long, all I was able to do was hear voices, but I couldn't see anything. At first I thought, I was crazy,then I thought I was dead, but that was until, I finally recognised the voices.

I just want to open my eyes so badly. It feels claustrophobic and for some reason ,I get the feeling that if I don't do it now, I might as well never.

From what I could make up out of what the doctor said, I am in a coma.
I never thought I'd be in one, so I never wondered what it would feel like. Now I know it feels like being trapped in your own body or maybe even mind. I have too much time to think, since it's the only think I can do, except listening to what others are saying.

I've heard mum and dad practically begging for me to wake up and believe me, the moment I heard them say that, I did everything in my power to do just that, but I couldn't, it felt as if there were chains pulling me back.

I've also heard Aspen and Sofia talk to me about all the gossip, which I couldn't be more grateful for, because sure, it is nice to hear people care about you but it gets depressing sometimes, when most of it is saying how sorry they are and all that stuff.

However I am aware, that no matter how gently they are talking to me now, I know I will get the biggest schooling of my life when I wake up.

I just heard A assaulting her brother, about stinking and sending me back to my coma or something and if I could I'd laugh but I can't, but it still gives me a little tingling feeling in my stomach.

It's weird, almost like, when someone is tickling you. You want it to stop, but it makes you laugh so it's an uncomfortable and a nice feeling all at the same time.

I feel a bit stronger, now comparing to the past few days. I feel like I can actually manage to open my eyes. I just need to put a bit force into it.

I didn't open my eyes, but I did manage to do something. I think, I just moved my finger.

"Omg. El! Can you hear me hun?"

Yep, I definitely did move a bit, since I can feel my ears bleed, because of Aspen's squeaky, excited voice.

I love her, but I really would recommend covering your ears when she's excited.

She starts calling out the doctors and I don't give up on trying to open my eyes.

I was almost there, when I felt the chains form before become 10 times heavier and pull me back
to the coma, accompanied with the sound of the heart monitor beeping like crazy.

I hear at least 10 voices at a time, some of them panicked and some of them giving away orders, along with the rushed footsteps.

Everything is interrupted by some electricity going through my whole body, finally making my eyes open.

I inhale really deeply, almost as if I just got from under the water.

I look around the room, trying to find some familiar faces, but there aren't any. Before I even get to process what the heck just happened, I am being asked multiple questions at a time by a middle-aged looking nurse.

I answer them all and the nurse walks out of the room, but the door doesn't even get to close, before another person is rushing through it.

"Elie!" Ace runs up to me and grabs my face in his palms, gently enough for me to barely feel his touch. "I am so, so sorry, I know that what I did was unforgivable, but please just say something, I need to hear your voice." His thumb storks my cheek slightly and his eyes don't leave mine.

I don't have to look at him for to long to already know he feels guilty for what happened and all I want to do is just assure him, it's not his fault, but I know he won't believe me.

I put my arms around his neck and pull him really close to me, feeling how easily his body melts into mine. We booth exhale deeply and wait a few more seconds before any of us speaks up.

"Ace, please don't blame yourself. If it weren't for you, I think we all know what would have happened, so just stop putting the blame on yourself, because you're actually the one who saved me."

The atmosphere is a bit depressing and what's worse, no one is saying anything, so it's silent and I hate silence

"Are you still up for the movie ?" I ask slightly pulling away from the tight hug.

"What movie?"
"We were all supposed to watch a movie when I get back home."
"Oh. Umm, sure."
I just smile, when another thought comes to my mind.
"Oh! And could you please buy some ice cream? I've been craving some ever since I walked out for that walk."

"Of course. I'll go ask the doctor if we can already take you home." He kisses me on the forehead, oddly leaving me with butterflies in my stomach And with that he walks out of the room, but I don't get, even a second of loneliness, before my parents and brother come in.

"My baby." My mum calls me out with a wide smile on her face and hugs me really tightly soon joined by my dad. After they give me back the access to air, Jake starts schooling me.

"For god's sake, El don't you ever go out in the dark again. So much worse could have happened and - ugh! You'll be training self defence, when you recover enough." He's mad, but not enough to hold back from clinging onto to me the second his arrogant mouth closes.

—————————————————————————

I feel so much better writing Elenor's point of view!!🫣

I hope you guys like this chapter.

Make sure to follow my account or add this book to your reading list, so that you don't miss out any new chapters!!

I love you all♥️
Have a great day💗