Chapter 1251 - 1260

Chapter 1251 Recommendation from Subordinates (2)

  He was also a newcomer once, but he was very lucky and was appreciated by Boss Moran. He worked his way from the bottom to his current position, which can be regarded as a struggle. When I just graduated, I was rejected by this and disliked by that. So what if I went to college? In this era, if you are not in a prestigious university, have no connections, and have no backing, it is really not easy to find a satisfying job.

  After hitting a wall everywhere, he met his lucky lady. So after knowing that his friend was so serious about the movie, but was hit by a wall again and again because he was an Oriental, he finally decided to make this call.

  He is in this industry and knows very well how Hollywood, or the West as a whole, views Eastern movies. His heart bleeds every time he sees Hollywood blockbusters taking huge box office hits over and over again, overwhelming local films.

  The boss is so handsome that she has no friends when she kills people all over the world with her movies. Her previous success in challenging the box office of film history has made many people regard her as their idol. How he hopes that one day the filmmakers in his country can reach that level!
  His friend and he have been neighbors since childhood. It is not an exaggeration to say that the two of them grew up wearing the same pair of pants. From a very young age, he knew how much his friend loved movies and how much he worked hard for it. Later, when he wanted to make a movie, he also used more than half of his savings as an investment.

  Speaking of friends, he was lucky. He met someone who appreciated him and sent the film to international film festivals, where it also received a lot of attention. It's just that there are no well-known actors in his films, nor are there enough gimmicks. Although they have won praise from some audiences, the awards he has won are not enough to gain him recognition in the West.

  When he tried to seek distribution in the United States, he was ridiculed again and again. Those people had not even seen his videos and rejected him simply because of his Asian identity.

  Fu Chuan knew the details of these things from other people's mouths, so he dialed the boss's phone number with the idea that "it doesn't matter if he is fired by the boss."

  But what he didn't expect was that his boss was so easy to talk to and he directly agreed to watch his friend's movie. He believes that from the perspective of a boss, he can definitely eliminate the discrimination and discover the benefits of the film!
  As long as the boss agrees to purchase the distribution rights, do you still have to worry about the film failing?
  Don't be kidding, Moran's film companies, whether Phoenix or Dragon Soul, have no record of bad movies, okay?

  As long as they are involved in the film industry, who wouldn't know how good Leila Moran's vision is?
  The film she likes will definitely become a dark horse!
  After putting down the phone, Laila continued to work. When she reached a certain point in her work, she remembered the movie she had just talked about on the phone. When she opened her mailbox, she saw an attachment inside.

  It took her a while to download the attachment, then she put on her headphones and started showing the movie with the audience in mind.

  The movie tells the story of a volunteer teacher. After graduation, a girl traveled to other cities alone to avoid a blind date arranged by her family. Then I saw on the wall of a B&B that a primary school in a remote mountainous area was in urgent need of volunteer teachers, so I embarked on a journey to the remote mountains.

  There, she met other peers who came to teach with various purposes, and also experienced the sadness of being a teacher.

  The movie contains laughter, touching moments, sadness, love and friendship, as well as the affection between teachers and students.

  After reading it, Laila thoughtfully took off her headphones and read the introduction to the director in the email.

  Fu Chuan wrote in great detail, almost including the age at which the director lost his teeth when he was a child. This shows that they must have a very good relationship.

  As for the movie, Laila thought it was a good movie.

  She dialed the number and called Fu Chuan directly: "Why hasn't such a movie been released in the East?" "

  Well, he seems to have offended someone and couldn't get permission to release it." Fu Chuan blushed a little, feeling sorry for himself It's a shame that our country still has such dark things.

  But he couldn't lie, after all, his boss was not easy to fool. Instead of telling one lie and then making up for it with countless lies, it is better to tell the truth from the beginning. Anyway, the boss is an out-and-out "Eastern expert". Maybe she knows these secret things better than she does!

  This is indeed the case. There were many things that Laila knew in her previous life that were much darker than this. And his explanation also relieved her, because this is a film with a main theme, which can also be said to be the type of film that the East is willing to support. There is no reason not to occupy the more suitable market over there, but to do everything possible to think about the market in the United States, right?

  If it is because the director is too ambitious and looks down on the Eastern market and only wants to open up the market in the West, Laila feels that no matter how good the movie is, the director's thinking will not allow him to go too far.

  "I have watched the movie. It is a very good movie. There are no problems with the shooting and editing, and it has both laughs and tears. It is a rare good movie." When Fu Chuan heard his boss praising the film,

  two His eyes widened as if they could shine: "Then boss, are you willing to..."

  "I'm sorry." Laila gave him an answer he didn't want to hear. "I can't release this movie."

  "Why? Didn't you also say it's a good movie?" "

  It's indeed a good movie, but it has some limitations. If it were released in the East, it would be loved by many people . But in the West, I'm afraid this genre will have a very small audience." Even though she likes the movie very much, Laila does not hope that it will become a failure of her company's distribution.

  It's really not a question of poor film quality, but the difference between Eastern and Western culture and history. There may be some people who will like this movie, but it is really difficult to make back the money.

  And in Laila's company, without making millions and tens of millions, would anyone still say that they are elites created by the cutting-edge plan? No matter how low-budget a film is, it will get a very good rate of return after its release. You must know that the money earned will also go back to the New Talent Project to support the growth of more outstanding filmmakers.

  Laila can indeed get the film to Phoenix for distribution, but she can't break the company's rules just because she likes the film. Don't say silly things like rules are meant to be broken. If you don't abide by your own rules, do you expect others to abide by them?
  Fu Chuan heard his boss's regret, so why didn't he himself? In order to make this movie, my friend found and begged countless people. He even sold his house and borrowed a lot of money before he could finally make this movie. But just because of a damn reason that "offended people", it didn't even get a chance to be released. This is so unfair!