Chapter 611 - 620

Chapter 611 Great Opportunity

  "That's right." Laila took a deep breath when she heard that name.

  "We have bought the copyright for a long time. When I asked you why you weren't filming, you always said you weren't ready. So are you ready now?" Louise didn't quite understand her feelings about this movie. idea. She felt as if she was taking it too seriously, more so than her years of films put together, otherwise there would be no words that had been "not ready yet" before.

  Laila leaned back in her chair with a solemn expression: "I think I should be ready."

  In the past few years, she has been studying the shooting of large-scale scenes. The Lord of the Rings is an epic work, and it is not easy to film it well. Just like an ant will never know what the world looks like in the eyes of an elephant.

  Over the years, she has been learning and practicing. You can tell by watching each of her movies that are more difficult than the last. She filmed the vast sea of ​​"Pirates of the Caribbean", the magical background of "Harry Potter", and many big scenes and special effects of "Iron Man". Picture, she really felt like she was ready.

  It took seven years to prepare and shoot the original Lord of the Rings. The three movies combined are nearly six hours long, and the extended version is even more than seven hours long.

  Laila didn't plan to spend so much time. She deliberately waited so many years before starting. Firstly, she wanted to learn more shooting skills, and secondly, she wanted to wait for the film's special effects technology to be more perfect. It can be said that we can do more things in a year now than before.

  Two years! This is the time she set for herself.

  It's 2003 now, and during the 2005 Christmas season, she will make The Lord of the Rings the most spectacular epic classic in the hearts of movie fans around the world!
  Seeing her excitement that she hadn't seen for a long time, Louise said nothing more: "In that case, let's get started. I think we have a lot of things to deal with. There are lines in "Lord of the Rings" There are more than 100 roles, do you have any requirements for the actors?"

  Louise arranges the selection of actors every time, and Laila makes the final decision. This time there are so many people to choose, it will definitely still be the case. She wasn't asking about all the actors, but the leading actors, wanting to know if she already had someone in mind.

  A large-scale movie like this requires a lot of actors, so it is a genre that is very popular among newcomers and ordinary actors. Because such movies are generally not stingy, which means more funds and more sophisticated production, then the probability of success will be relatively high. If it really succeeds, being able to become familiar with it will be of great benefit to future development.

  The supporting actors are so in demand, not to mention the leading actors. Being able to play an important role in such a film will become an important qualification for the actor himself. If the movie accidentally becomes popular, it will not only be a simple qualification, but also a shining point and the cornerstone of the future. Such a good opportunity cannot be given away casually.

  Laila had thought about this problem a long time ago: "I don't have any candidates for the time being, so let's choose from our own company." "

  I understand." Louise agreed solemnly.

  When she left the office, she suddenly realized that she seemed to have confused the purpose of coming here. She obviously wanted to persuade Laila not to put too much burden on herself at once, but why did she end up with so much more work? However, thinking that Laila finally listened to her advice and no longer insisted on filming "The Devil Wears Prada", she was quite satisfied with this conversation.

  After she released the news that Laila wanted to find someone to accept "The Devil Wears Prada", many people were moved. First of all, Laila would be the producer and executive producer, and then she also wrote the script and even selected the actors. what does that mean?
  It means that as long as it is not too useless, you can make this movie brilliantly with your eyes closed!
  For a new director, it's as if Leila has already prepared all the expensive parts, and the rest is left to the director to assemble it with his or her own aesthetic. As long as this director doesn't have too weird an aesthetic, then he will contribute an excellent work.

  It can be said that this is a very good opportunity for new directors. No one will doubt Laila's ability to write scripts and select actors. Since she has written and selected actors, it means that it is definitely the most suitable choice.

  So not long after the news spread, someone came to Laila's office.

  "I wish I could make that movie!"

  It was Patty Jenkins who approached Lila directly.

  Laila looked at the woman in front of her who was several years older than herself: "Give me a reason that can convince me."

  Jenkins took a deep breath: "I am very interested in the case of Eileen Wuornos. I have always been I'm studying her case." She took out a thick stack of documents from her bag: "This is my research information, you can take a look at it, I'm definitely not lying." Laila took the information in her hand

  , After casually flipping through a few pages, I saw that many of the places she marked were densely written in small characters. It was obvious that what she said was true, and she had really studied the case thoroughly.

  "What do you think about actors?" She put down the information and looked at her.

  "I think Theron is a perfect choice. I have seen her perform in "The Devil's Advocate" before, and I think she is very suitable for this role. If it were my choice, I would definitely choose her!" Jenkins said Pretty sure.

  It might seem to others that she was flattering her boss, but Laila knew that she was telling the truth. Because the original version of "The Devil Wears Prada" was this woman's first work, the reason she chose Theron was as she just said. After seeing Theron's outstanding performance in "The Devil's Advocate", she decided that she would Performing her best Erin Wuornos!
  Since it was her who stood up and hoped to make this movie, Laila would certainly be happy to see it. In her previous life, she used this film to send Theron to the Oscar, so there is definitely no problem in leaving it to her now.

  "Okay, I'll leave it to you." She nodded readily.

  But her cheerfulness almost scared Jenkins, because she felt that she had to spend more effort to promote herself. After all, she had never made a movie before. How many people would be willing to give such an opportunity to herself?

  But why did her boss agree to it before she said what she had been preparing for all night? If she hadn't known how much Laila attached to the movie, she would have thought that her boss was not optimistic about the movie.

  "Why?" she couldn't help but ask.

  Laila smiled slightly: "Because you are the first person to come to me."

  "That's it?" Jenkins couldn't believe what he heard. Is it just because she got up so early that she got such a great opportunity?