Chapter 681 - 690

Chapter 681 Summer vacation is here.

  I don't know how Mr. Oswald negotiated with the West family. In the end, Laila got a lot of compensation, and even Donnie received one. In exchange, Leila withdrew the case and never spoke of it again.

  But there are minors involved, so it's not like Laila will be fine if she withdraws. Cole will also face police charges, but without Laila's intervention, the West family probably won't have to go to jail as long as they spend the money.

  But forget those Laila, because the summer season is finally here!

  This summer is still very busy, with many blockbusters including "Finding Dory," "The Unknown" and "Terminator 3" taking turns at this most intense time of the year.

  Even the month of May is not peaceful. First, "X-Men 2" and then "The Matrix 2". Movies that attract attention are released one after another. Movies that are slightly worse will soon be crushed by powerful opponents. It was overwhelming.

  This is not the first time that Laila has entered the fierce battlefield of summer vacation, but just like before, she will still be shocked by the aura of killing that seems to be rushing towards her face. Just look at the summer film schedule and you will know that almost every week there will be one or two big-budget films released.

  That's just big-budget productions, there are countless ordinary movies and low-budget films. If you add in some films that are only shown on demand, several will be shown on the big screen almost every day. This is the summer season. Although it is easy to win high box office, it is also easy to become the background of many movies.

  Whether it makes a huge profit or loses the sight of your pants depends on the quality of the film and the mood of the fans.

  "Is there anything else that needs to be prepared for this premiere?" Demi stood across from Laila's desk, waiting for her instructions.

  Laila has held many premieres of her own films. From excitement at the beginning to calmness and then indifference, as more and more films were filmed, more and more people attended the premieres. , it seemed that it had been a long time since she had tasted the warmth that filled her heart with a sense of accomplishment like the first time.

  But this time is a little different, because starting from "Iron Man", the Marvel Universe plan will be officially launched. From here on, many superheroes from the Avengers will come to the big screen one by one, and play a shocking big movie together. Chess game.

  So this premiere is not only for "Iron Man", but also kicks off the future Avengers and the thousands of superheroes from Marvel Comics.

  Therefore, she attaches great importance to this premiere, and has repeatedly paid attention to the arrangement of the process, the invitation of guests, etc. before.

  With her current status in Hollywood, it would be easy to invite some heavyweight stars to participate. Regardless of whether the other party comes or not, an invitation letter needs to be given. However, the venue for the premiere is only that big, with only a few hundred seats at most, and some of them must be reserved for fans. Who should give the few seats left is a matter worth thinking about.

  Sometimes knowing too many people is a happy worry. Laila complained happily in her heart.

  Of course, in front of the beautiful secretary, she still behaved like a boss. Passing the reviewed process to her: "That's about it. I've added two more to the list of people who need to be invited. You can arrange it accordingly." "Okay." After taking it, Demi added a few words to the invitation list

  . Sure enough, I saw two new names: "Casey?" One of them was a very famous star. But who is Casey?

  "That's that Casey." Laila pointed to the TV. What was playing on the news was a girl who created a chaos and made two men fight over her with her makeup.

  Demi was a little surprised, but she nodded in agreement without saying anything: "I understand, and I will ensure that she attends the premiere on time."

  Laila smiled, knowing that she had understood what she meant.

  She was impressed by Cathy's acting talent and wanted to take her under her wing. So she wanted to take advantage of this opportunity to let the child feel the charm of a star, let her be fascinated by these splendors, and then show her own talent. The other extra star is actually Casey's idol. She believes that sitting next to her idol will definitely make her yearn for this road to stardom even more.

  In fact, even if Laila doesn't do these things, as long as she asks, both the girl and her family will happily hand her over to her. But Laila hopes to let her know more about the world first, to see whether she will be deceived by this charming world, or whether she can stay awake and embark on this road.

  Although both ended up becoming her contracted artists, the final achievements they achieved were completely different. She wants to know her reflection and then chart the most appropriate path for her.

  However, Kathy is still a child, and her family is not very wealthy. They will definitely not prepare a suitable outfit for her at the premiere, so Demi will ensure that she attends on time, telling Laila that she will Casey's got everything ready.

  As a boss, Laila felt very satisfied with having such a smart secretary.

  June 20, late.

  Stars shine at Hollywood's Chinese Theater.

  The red carpet was spread all the way to the roadside, and it was surrounded by fans and media. There were also some comic fans wearing Iron Man armor jackets and cheering excitedly while holding signs.

  Some time ago, the movie was criticized by countless people because of Downey. Then things took a turn, which also brought more attention to this originally unpopular movie.

  Many film critics and people who follow the movie lament Laila's "good luck." Without the Cole West incident, this uninteresting superhero movie would have been a money-loser.

  Firstly, it is not a front-line superhero like Superman and Batman, and secondly, it uses Downey, a has-been star with a disgraceful past. No matter how you look at it, you can't see that the film has any potential. At most, it can only get a movie. 200 million box office, right?

  But including publicity and so on, at least 200 million US dollars have been invested in this movie. Even if it really made 200 million at the box office, it would still be a huge loss. Many people don't understand why Leila, a director with such a good reputation and ability, chose such a superhero among thousands of superheroes, let alone how she chose Robert Downey Jr. among tens of thousands of actors. .

  However, after experiencing the Cole incident, Downey's popularity has obviously increased significantly, and the public has also developed a strong interest in his new movies. If they didn't know what kind of person Cole was, the media would have guessed that their previous incident was premeditated and was done specifically to promote the movie.