Chapter 21 - 30

Chapter 21 Preview:

  Why are the effects of the same work so different? This involves an issue of final editing rights.

  Not just in Hollywood, whether in the East or the West, the editing rights of the film are basically in the hands of the investor.

  It's like cooking. The director puts all the ingredients into the pot and makes the finished product. As a result, the right to put it on the plate is given to others. Whether you want to put a few flowers or carve some decorations depends on the mood of the person.

  Laila thinks this is very unreasonable, because the director will know exactly where the filming should be used when filming. It is undoubtedly quite confusing to let other people, even less professional people, take on this important task.

  But the reality is so cruel. Only 10% of the industry can really get the director's final editing rights, which is the right that only the great directors at the top of the pyramid have.

  Like some big film companies, directors are just employees they hire. The company gives the theme, the direction, and even the actors, and the director just shoots the movie like a composition, and he doesn't need to worry about the rest.

  There is no way, this is the film industry, only the rich have the right to speak. Of course, if you're a well-known director like Steve Spielberg, the director's cut is just a matter of one sentence. They have already proven their strength and the movie's financial power with facts. As long as they can make money, it doesn't matter if they cut it into a bunch of inexplicable things.

  Laila considers herself lucky. Because she is the boss of the company and the only investor in this movie, this means that no one will steal it from her without a long-sightedness, and no one can steal it from her. She can edit the footage exactly how she wants to achieve the effect she most desires.

  Lila adds a few things compared to the original Blair Witch. Due to the cultural differences between East and West, the original version did not make her feel particularly scary. Even if later generations commented that the film used very good psychological suggestions, she actually did not feel much.

  Therefore, she drew on some of the mysterious Eastern culture when filming. To put it simply, the West prefers to use blood, brutal actions, and scary monsters to show scary things. The East is more inclined to the power of nature, and likes to see a frightening atmosphere that penetrates to the bone marrow slowly from every flower, tree, door, window, table, chair, bench and other objects.

  In doing so, she actually took a lot of risks, because she didn't know whether she could accurately hit the scary points of Westerners. But think about the few movies that Hollywood will remake in the future, such as "The Grudge" and "The Ring", which also use Eastern expressions, and have achieved good results. It can be seen that the receptive ability of Western audiences is still very strong, and they can feel the connotation of Eastern mysterious culture.

  For a whole week, Leila hid in the editing room putting the footage together. This is the crucial first work, and she will consider every shot again and again.

  The final product of the film is expected to be between 80-90 minutes, and the filmed material is a full 200 minutes. How to extract a terrible and wonderful story from those 200 minutes is definitely a very challenging thing.

  In addition, the film's soundtrack was originally packaged and handed over to music producers who cooperated with the company to create it at Louise's suggestion. Fortunately, this film doesn't require much music. After listening to it a few times, Laila thought it was acceptable and didn't pay too much attention to it. Shortly after the editing was completed, the score was also completed. Coupled with some post-production, Hot Leila's first movie was officially born into the world.

  The preview screening was held in the screening room of Phoenix Company, and in addition to a few actors, all the company's employees also came over. They wanted to use this movie to see if the new boss was as talented as the previous boss.

  They are very content. They don't need the movie to be a hit, as long as they can get their salary on time and keep the company running normally. A young director who has just turned eighteen years old and a wealthy lady who has never even touched a camera before can expect more from her?
  In the screening room, the lights were turned off one by one as the movie started, and everyone present began to calm down and prepare to watch.

  A few lines of subtitles appeared at the beginning of the movie, which were a bit shaky and made people dizzy. But for some reason, these simple lines of words filled the entire room with a creepy aura. Soon, the heroine, Kate, appeared on the screen and introduced herself to the camera.

  how so?
  This was the first time that everyone saw the finished product, and everyone was shocked. Because they found that what they photographed was much different from what they thought, not for the better, but for the worse!
  What's going on with this dizzying lens? What's up with this crudely made picture that looks like a student's work?

  Can a movie like this really make money?
  The actors' initial optimism for the young director began to waver, and the company's employees felt that the future was bleak.

  In this regard, Laila, who was sitting in the corner, just smiled slightly and saw everything without saying a word.

  As the plot progressed, there were gasps in the screening room, and occasionally there were one or two exclamations. In the second half, more people began to breathe disorderly, obviously frightened by the plot in the film.

  "God, how do I feel like this is real?"

  After the movie ended, the whispers started to sound.

  "Yeah, I feel like I've heard about this somewhere."

  A person suddenly stood up: "That missing person notice!"

  "What missing person notice?"

  "Have you forgotten? It was just for entertainment some time ago Missing persons notices were posted in family newspapers for several weeks. Didn't some people say that the missing people were kidnapped by witches for the purpose of making a movie?" "Oh my God, isn't this us at all

  ? Are the films made, but the images left behind by those who disappeared?"

  "Don't talk nonsense, okay! You scared me!"

  The screening room became more and more chaotic after the lights turned on, and the last subtitles of the film had already been No one cared anymore, everyone's attention was attracted by the disappearance case.

  The employees of the company didn't know what the movie was about. Most of them only knew that it was a horror movie. Only the cast and crew knew that was what they were filming. But why is it connected to reality? You know, they started preparing for the movie before the missing person notice was issued.

  Could it be that their young director is a magician who can predict the future?