Chapter 771 - 780

Chapter 771 Jonathan Nolan

  After the Jonathan Nolan contract was negotiated, in order to ignite the topic first, DC secretly revealed that Leila had acquired 10% of their shares.

  This move shocked countless people, especially those on Wall Street, who had no idea why she would make such a decision.

  There are only two influential comic companies in the United States, DC and Marvel. First she acquired Marvel, and then she acquired DC stock. Could it be that Laila Moran's purpose was to integrate the two companies and create something terrible?

  If that were the case, wouldn't superheroes in comics appear on the screen in large numbers? Don't forget that she once made a second-tier Iron Man film into a super first-tier influence, and the craze has not subsided until now. Just look at the theme amusement park she owns. Iron Man in the superhero area is everyone's favorite place to take pictures!

  And it can be seen from the newly released "Batman Begins" that the potential of superheroes on the big screen is slowly being revealed. If all these superheroes are in the hands of Lila, what will happen in the future film industry It's hard to predict what will happen and how the pattern of Hollywood will change!
  People on Wall Street are watching Laila closely, wanting to observe her next move to determine the future direction. Maybe any other director would not attract so much attention if he did such a thing, but she is Laila, a living Hollywood legend, a genius whose talent has been proven for a long time. Whatever she wants to do, No one would say she was fooling around.

  No wonder some media once wrote a report about American celebrities. They believed that American celebrities are divided into two types, one is Laila, and the other is others other than Laila.

  If you put her together with other celebrities, those people would be so pitiful. No matter how outstanding they are and how many amazing things they have done, in terms of global influence and financial resources they have created, Laila is far behind. Therefore, when ranking, except for Laila, who has occupied the first place in the ranking of celebrities for a long time, no one will put her together with others.

  Laila didn't take much notice of the outside world's attention on her. What she needs to do most now is to work with director Nolan to adapt the script of Batman Part II.

  I don't know if it's because of her rebirth, or if the scripts in history will be significantly revised, but the script she got is not the one used in later movie screenings. That's not to say it won't work, but it made the same mistake as the first film, that is, it didn't grasp the rhythm well enough, and used a lot of pen and ink to outline the character of Batman instead of telling a story.

  Along with Nolan is his brother Jonathan Nolan. Many people may not know that Christopher Nolan's famous "Memento" was written by Jonathan. The script was even adapted from Jonathan's short story "Memento- Mori".

  As a screenwriter for the first time, Jonathan was nominated for an Oscar for Best Screenplay for "Memento", which shows that he is a very talented person.

  This Batman series was also created jointly by two people, so the shortcomings of the first one were also passed on to the next one.

  "Christopher, Jonathan, I think there is a big problem with this script." Laila was thinking about what to say so as not to hurt their self-esteem and self-confidence. These two people will still be able to show off their talents in the future, but they can't lose their confidence because of her blow.

  In fact, her worries are unfounded. Generally, people with great achievements will not fail to listen to the excellent suggestions of others. It may be said that people who engage in art have more character, but how can a successful person not accept other people's opinions at all?
  Jonathan, who was more worldly than his brother, recognized Lyla's concerns. This made him a little funny, since when did they need to be treated with caution by a girl?
  "Don't worry, Laila. We are here to learn from you. You should express your thoughts as much as possible."

  Director Nolan nodded fiercely beside him.

  Laila touched her nose: "Okay, then I'll tell you the truth."

  She thought for a few seconds: "I think the suspense is not strong enough and the conflict between the two sides is not intense enough. The most popular thing about superhero movies is the hero. If there is not enough conflict, the villain will feel too weak. In contrast, the hero who defeats the "weak" villain will not be that powerful." The two Nolans thought about her at the same time

  . Come on. That's right, if the villain is not strong, how can we think that the superhero is strong? Just because he has a cool car, cool clothes, and a lot of muscles doesn't mean he's great, right?
  "That means we need to strengthen the villains?"

  Laila nodded: "I think it's good that you chose the Joker. Everyone knows that he is the most powerful and difficult to deal with in Batman comics for decades. The opponent. The audience likes him very much and even created his story alone. But in this script, what I see is a clown who is similar to an ordinary villain, and I don't feel much of his own charm."

  "Have you read comics before?" she asked.

  "I haven't seen too many, but I have seen some." Jonathan felt that he still underestimated superhero movies too much. If it were other types of movies, he would definitely collect relevant information more seriously. He knew that he had made the same mistake as many people, that is, he looked down on commercial movies and believed that other types of movies were real movies, while commercial movies were just tools to make money.

  "I suggest you read more comics and grasp the character of the Joker. Believe me, after reading the comics, you will like that character as much as I do." Laila took out a business card from her pocket and wrote on the back The next line of address: "This is a very interesting coffee shop, where many excellent comic fans often discuss everything about superheroes. You will definitely gain something if you go there and sit there." She said that she bought it

  herself The house was taken to the police station because of it. Now that I think about it, it was an interesting experience.

  Director Nolan took it solemnly and put it away carefully, making sure it would not be lost. Then he said: "Thank you, we will definitely go over and have a look."

  Laila was amused by his caution: "We still have a lot of time, we have to arrive It won't be released until 2008, so we have enough time to carefully create this movie, don't we?" "

  Of course!" Director Nolan nodded matter-of-factly. With her here, it's not easy for a movie to be bad. He can't wait to see what kind of superhero movie they will create!