Chapter 601 - 610

Chapter 601: The possibility of winning an award.

  After attending the premiere of "Heroes", the Golden Globe nominations were also announced.

  Last year Leila had two movies released, one "Chicago" and one "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone". The former is still in theaters and has received a lot of praise; the latter dominated last year's annual movie box office rankings with a box office of one billion US dollars.

  It can be said that Laila has both fame and fortune in her hands with her own movies. The most important thing is the "name", which is not an art film that makes money at a loss, but a golden hen that continues to help the company make money. Anyone can see that it has an unparalleled advantage in the awards season this time. I believe that after the Oscars are over, the movie will have a new wave of movie viewing peaks.

  As soon as the nomination list for the Golden Globe Awards came out, everyone's attention was attracted to "Chicago". Everyone had known for a long time that it would be a blockbuster, but they never expected that this "shock" would be earth-shattering!

  Best Musical Film, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Screenplay, Best Director... "Chicago" won seven nominations in many competitions, including one heavyweight award. all over.

  After seeing the nomination list, countless people took a breath. No one questioned the qualifications of "Chicago" to receive so many nominations, but when they saw Laila receiving the best director nomination for the first time, everyone couldn't help but marvel at her.

  How old is she? 23 or 24? He has already been nominated for the Golden Globe Award for Best Director!
  Although no one thought she could win the final award, a nomination was enough to prove her directing ability. Now no one will gossip about her ability to make movies, because she has used movies and strength to prove to the world that she is a real great director, a great director who has been recognized as the best director!
  People also know that the main reason why she was considered to be nominated but not to win the final award was because she was too young. Many judges believe that she will have more opportunities to challenge for this award in the future. So now it is better to give the award to more experienced people first.

  It seems unfair, but there's nothing you can do about it. These rules have been known to everyone for a long time. Even if someone wants to challenge its "majesty", they will get nothing in the end.

  After Laila saw the nomination, her mind went blank for a long time.

  She didn't know how to express her feelings at this time. I wanted to shout excitedly to the sky, but my body seemed to be frozen, and I was completely unable to react.

  happy?

  Of course I'm happy!
  Not only happy, but also very excited, very... want to cry.

  She did it! Even if she hasn't won that award yet, she still did it!

  The Golden Globes cannot be compared to the Oscars in terms of authority, but who cares? How many Easterners have received this honor? And now she gets it! Even if she is just an Eastern soul wearing a Western skin, she has done it, right?
  Compared with her, Roy, who has been nominated for Best Actor for the second consecutive year this year, seems much more relaxed. Seeing Laila's expression, he was still in the mood to make fun of her.

  "What's wrong? Are you satisfied with just getting a nomination? You are Leila Moran, the most powerful talent in the history of Hollywood. How can you be scared by such a small award?" Leila looked at him:

  " You were also nominated for Best Actor, aren't you nervous?"

  "What's there to be nervous about? Didn't you get one last year?" Roy shrugged nonchalantly: "We won't get that award anyway. , it's just a nomination, there's nothing to be nervous about." He was talking big words without shame, as if he had completely forgotten the restless person he was last year.